Pumpkin Pie Candy Cups
Pumpkin Pie Candy Cups- White chocolate shells filled with pumpkin pie candy filling. A must-make this Thanksgiving!
Some recipes are just too simple and delicious to keep to myself. Truly I would like to have the super-secret recipe for these and be a Thanksgiving rock star but I just love you all too much to keep quiet.
I was smitten the moment I saw these candies for the first time. Since then we have not met a single person who didn’t like them! They are a staple at our Thanksgiving dessert table.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Candy Cups
Using a spoon or food-safe squeeze bottle place down a white chocolate layer. You will want to spread some of the chocolate up the sides of the silicone molds or liners. Let harden.
Prepare the filling and drop small portions into the candy wells. Top with more white chocolate.
How should these be stored?
Since these candy cups contain unbaked pumpkin puree you should keep these chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature or just until the chocolate is not cold any longer (about 20-30 minutes).
Pumpkin Pie Candy Cups can sit out on a serving tray for 2-3 hours.
Pumpkin Pie Candy Cups Recipe
- 2 cups white chocolate, melted
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- MELT the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler until pourable (add 1 Tbs of shortening if needed to make it smooth and spreadable).
- POUR a small amount of chocolate into each of 24 liners or a silicone mold using a small spoon or squirt bottle. I used a pumpkin-shaped silicone mold, but you can use mini foil liners just as easily.
- CHILL for at least 20 minutes
- MIX together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Place a small amount into each of the liners; make sure the filling does not exceed the top.
- DROP a small amount (approximately 1 teaspoon) into each of the chocolate-covered liners; make sure the filling does not exceed the top.
- REHEAT your white chocolate if necessary and POUR on top and along the sides of the liners/mold.
- CHILL for at least 20 minutes and serve.