Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Moist Pumpkin muffins studded with dark chocolate chips
I can’t believe I haven’t shared my favorite muffin recipe with you yet! These pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins are a Thanksgiving tradition in our home, It’s the very first thing that goes into my oven early Thanksgiving morning and the last thing that everyone is nibbling on at the end of the day. For years I made these muffins without chocolate chips. Then one time I got a little crazy and threw some in about half the batter. For a few years after that I continued making half and half until finally someone stated the obvious- why even bother with the plain pumpkin muffins? And now we munch on pumpkin chocolate chips mini muffins all day. You seriously might have trouble walking by them without popping one in your mouth.
Mostly I am excited to share this recipe here with you because that means I won’t lose it. I seriously cannot be trusted with a piece of paper. I swear I have this recipe copied and printed in 30 places in my home because of the one year I had to completely tear apart my kitchen to find the recipe. This recipe originally made 2 loaves of bread and has been adapted into muffins and then mini muffins. As I said, our family enjoys munching on these throughout Thanksgiving day. It make 10 dozen mini muffins-that’s a lot! I have tried halving the recipe before and was just not completely satisfied with the results.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffin Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 16oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2 C sugar
- 3/4 C vegetable or canola oil
- 2/3 C water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 C flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 C dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, sugar, oil, water, and vanilla in the bowl of your mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and add 1 Tablespoon of batter to each muffin well.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tin 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I’m excited to be joining some others in the food blogging community in this virtual Thanksgiving Potluck. You can follow all of the links to some delicious Thanksgiving dishes that we will be serving our families this year. Also, there is a chance to win an 11 piece Anolon Nouvelle Copper Set or a Wusthof Classic 7 Piece Knife Block Set.
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts made Pumpkin Pie
- Erin from Texanerin Baking made Dulce de Leche Apple Streusel Bars
- Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots made Sweet Potato Biscuits with Cranberry Jam
- Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Christina from Dessert for Two made Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction made Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes
- Georgia from The Comfort of Cooking made Spiced Caramel-Apple Crumb Bars
- Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Brussels Sprout Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- Kate from Diethood made Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie
- Gina from Running to the Kitchen made Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon, & Goat Cheese
- Carla from Carla’s Confections made Spinach Mashed Potatoes
- Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food made Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic made Mini Apple Pies
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- Tracey from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures made Butternut Squash, Apple and Potato Gratin with Cheddar Crumb Topping
This Giveaway is CLOSED. A winner has been chosen and the prize(s) have been fulfilled.
Please use the giveaway entry form and leave a comment on this post to be entered. You will have the opportunity to earn bonus entries after you leave a comment. By entering this giveaway you are agreeing to the Official Rules. This giveaway is a sweepstakes. Open to continental USA residents over age 18. Winner(s) will be chosen by random, announced here, and will be contacted by email. Winner(s) must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize.