Summer Games Cheesecake Cones
No-bake cheesecake cones are easy to prepare. These waffle cones full of light and fluffy cheesecake are all dressed up for the summer games!This is a sponsored recipe on behalf of the American Dairy Association Mideast.
Are cheesecake cones the next big trending dessert? Impress your friends and family at your next gathering (perhaps to watch the summer games?) with this new take on no-bake cheesecake.
Our no-bake cheesecake recipe is adapted to make a light and fluffy pipeable filling in this easy summertime recipe. You can scoop the cheesecake filling into the waffle cones or pipe them with a pastry bag.
If you do not own a pastry bag, you can cut the corner off a disposable zip-top bag.
Waffle Cones or Sugar Cones
Waffle cones are significantly larger than sugar cones, and the top openings are slanted.
You can certainly use waffle cones for this recipe. However, we chose to use sugar cones with a round rim to mimic the shape of the famous colored rings.
A common problem among those who make dessert-filled waffle cones is that the inside gets soggy. To prevent this, we suggest brushing the whole inside with white chocolate.
Let the chocolate come all the way up to the rim, and then dip in colored sprinkles (blue, black, red, yellow, and green).
Craft supply stores sell mini packets of sprinkles and sanding sugars in every color of the rainbow. We will also link to the ones we used below.
Serve and Store Cheesecake Cones
Serve cheesecake waffle cones upright in mini shooter glasses or a wire cupcake rack.
If you lined the inside of the cones with chocolate, you could fill and refrigerate these cones beforehand.
The filled waffle cones may be frozen as well; however, the sprinkles may melt as they thaw out. In our taste tests, these dessert cones were enjoyed chilled as well as frozen!
Summer Games Cheesecake Cones
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 sugar cones
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- COAT the inside of each cone with white chocolate to prevent the cone from getting soggy.
- DIP the rim of each cone in white chocolate and colored sprinkles. Set aside.
- BEAT whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually ADD in half of the powdered sugar while continuing to whip.
- CUT the cream cheese into 1-inch cubes. ADD cubes one at a time while continuing to whip.
- Gradually ADD the rest of the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Continue whipping until firm peaks are achieved.
- FILL the prepared cones with cheesecake filling.
- Using sugar cones will serve about 8-10 people. Waffle cones are significantly larger. If you use waffle cones you may need more white chocolate coating and will end up with 4 cones.
- The cheesecake filling can be made 24 hours in advance. Refrigerate the filling until ready to serve. Pipe or spoon the filling into cones just before serving.
- These cheesecake waffle cones can be prepared and frozen for a cold treat.
- This recipe may be doubled.
Dairy Safety and Storage
- When shopping for dairy foods or other perishable foods, know how to read expiration dates on packages, including “Sell By,” “Use By” and “Best if used by” dates. Dates are meant to ensure the best quality but should not be relied upon to indicate food safety.
- Milk, cheese, and yogurt can all be frozen safely—just be aware that their look and texture could change. Get tips for freezing dairy foods.
- By storing milk, cheese, and yogurt between 35˚ and 40˚F, you can help to maintain and maximize freshness.
More Summertime Recipes
Try our Pool Party Cake and Ice Cream Bags for a poolside treat on the go.
If ice cream for breakfast is your thing, try our Ice Cream French Toast right when you wake up!
Crazy for cones? Then you will love S’mores Popcorn Campfire Cones and Mini Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cones.
Cheesecake shooters are so versatile you can even serve them up in waffle cones. Try our Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake as well as our popular Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters.
For more information about dairy nutrition, to find delicious new recipes and to meet Ohio and West Virginia dairy farmers, visit www.Drink-Milk.com, and follow the American Dairy Association Mideast on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Items Used in this Post
One Comment on “Summer Games Cheesecake Cones”
Can’t wait to try this & a few others out for my husband. He is really into this kind of desserts.