Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake
This Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake isn’t fried at all but you will enjoy it every bit as much as your favorite Mexican restaurant dessert. Creamy cheesecake, cinnamon crunch cereal, and whipped cream make up the base- don’t forget the cherry on top! Recipe from Glorious Layered Desserts by Glory Albin.
I have a GLORIOUS new cookbook to tell you about today! My friend Glory has written her first cookbook called Glorious Layered Desserts and it is every bit as fabulous as you might imagine. You may know Glory from her popular blog Glorious Treats. The first half of the book is filled with detailed instructions for her deliciously creative layered desserts, and the second half contains her essential recipes such as crusts, crumbles, fillings, sauces, toppings, and more. The way that this book is written makes it easy to mix and match any layered dessert that you desire!
She has graciously allowed me to share her Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake recipe with you. Every bite of this mini dessert is delicious. Enjoy!
Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake
- 2 cups cinnamon cereal, such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, cold
- whipped cream
- 6 marachino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Crush the cinnamon cereal and stir with butter. Spread cereal onto a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the cold whipping cream and whip until smooth and fluffy (1-2 minutes).
- Assemble desserts by layering crushed cereal, cheesecake. Top with whipped cream and a cherry. Enjoy immediately or keep chilled for up to 1 hour.
12 Comments on “Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake”
this is just such an awesome idea.. anything that contains the words ‘fried, ice-cream & cheesecake’ has my name on it! i can imagine how good this would have tasted. love it!
The fried ice-cream cheesecake isn’t even fried?! I love cheesecake but this is a new one for us. We live in Buffalo where there is some great homemade cheesecake but this might top the list.
This is genius and is going on my list of must try tomorrow 🙂
I am just blown away by how PRETTY these look! And so very tasty, too!
Love these fun layered cheesecakes!
Who doesn’t love a layered dessert? These look amazing!
So much to love about these!!
I just want to shove my face into one of these.
this look fantastic. I’m drooling!
Thanks so much for this lovely post Katrina!
Love the flavors, texture and crunch in this, so great!
I went to one of Glory’s book release parties and I could not stop eating. Every sample from her book is a.ma.zing. Love these!