Hi guys! It’s Karly from Buns In My Oven. I’m filling in for Katrina today while she cuddles in bed with her boys, recovering from surgery. At least, that’s what I hope she’s doing. No dishes, no laundry, no cooking. Just cuddling. I have it on good authority that her husband is taking very good care of her, so I’m sure I’m right.
Anyway, can we talk about Katrina for a second?
The first (and only) time I met her was at a food conference. I walked in the door and she ran right up to me, grabbed my arm, and said “you can sit by me!” Then she felt like a weirdo and started apologizing for kidnapping me. You guys. I had never loved her more than I did right then. I hate walking into a conference and wondering who is going to be nice to me and let me sit by them. I feel like the new kid in the cafeteria on their first day of high school. She totally saved my life by letting me sit with the cool kids. I will love her for always. Katrina is just as sweet in person as she is online.
Okay, enough mushy stuff, because gross.
I made y’all some s’mores. I don’t know about you, but around this time every year I start thinking about all of the s’mores I missed out on over the summer. I’m not much of a campfire kind of girl (if we could only figure out how to bring the fire inside, with the air conditioning and lack of bugs…), so I don’t always get a lot of traditional s’mores. I have to go a little crazy in the kitchen to get my fix. This time around, I’m doctoring up a box of brownie mix. You can certainly use your favorite recipe, but I like to cheat every now and then. Shortcuts are my friend.
So, I hope you enjoy these heavenly little ooey gooey treats! And, Katrina? I love you, girl. Get better. I miss your face.
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared according to the package, but not baked
- 12- ish graham crackers
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Hershey's bars
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the box and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with graham crackers, breaking them into pieces to fit as needed.
- Pour half of the brownie batter over the graham crackers. Top with 1 cup of the mini marshmallows. Break the Hershey's bars into pieces and place half of the pieces on top of the marshmallows.
- Top with the remaining graham crackers as evenly as possible. Pour on the remaining brownie batter, top with the rest of the marshmallows and Hershey's bar pieces.
- Bake according to package directions or until the brownies are baked through.