Cookie Dough Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies with delicious M&M cookie dough balls stuffed inside! GUEST POST by Carla’s Confections
Goodness, I feel like I am up against some tough competition in this year’s #BringtheCOOKIES event! I mean did you see those Snowman Thumbprint Cookies?! How stinking cute!
I couldn’t be happier to join in on the party though! Katrina is just about the sweetest person in the world, and I can’t even believe she is putting on this cookie party considering what she has been going through these last couple months. Talk about holiday cheer! She deserves some extra cookies for sure!
I have to say that one of my absolute favorite cookies is of the peanut butter sort. I cannot at all resist that sweet and salty, soft and chewy goodness. When it comes to other kinds of cookies though (like chocolate chip cookies), I only end up with half the dough to bake, because the majority of it ends up in my mouth before it makes it to the sheet to bake!
When I was thinking of what cookies to bring to this party, I figured it was best to combine my two favorites and up the ante a bit! I mean, why NOT stuff a peanut butter cookie with that hard-to-resist cookie dough ball?!?
I used mini M&M’s in the cookie dough, because M&M’s and peanut butter are another perfect combo (don’t you think?), but you can feel free to use your favorite cookie dough recipe!
They end up being pretty large cookies, but that won’t stop you from eating a few at a time. 😉 I’m telling you, Santa would be happy to gobble a couple of these cookies up on Christmas Eve! Make sure to set out a plate of these for the big guy and have the merriest of Merry Christmases!
Thank you Katrina so much for having me here today!
Cookie Dough Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- For the filling:
- 1 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick, 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/8 cup white sugar
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup mini M&M’s
- For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- For the cookie dough ball filling, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add in vanilla and milk and mix until combined. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour and baking soda until fully combined. Stir in the M&M’s.
- Roll 1” balls of cookie dough out and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze at least 30 minutes, until hardened.
- To make the peanut butter cookie dough, in a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, salted butter, sugar, brown sugar egg and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined. Place in fridge at least 30 minutes to harden slightly.
- To form the cookies, remove the frozen cookie dough balls from the freezer and the peanut butter cookie dough from the fridge; take a small handful of the peanut butter dough and place on one side of the frozen cookie dough ball, and do the same to the other side to make a sandwich around the cookie dough ball and pinch the edges together to seal the cookie dough ball within the peanut butter dough.
- Repeat with the remaining peanut butter dough until you are out of peanut butter dough. You will have remaining frozen M&M cookie dough balls, so do as you wish with those.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until edges of cookies are lightly golden brown, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before eating.
This post is part of our Third Annual I’ll Bring the COOKIES Virtual Blogger Cookie Swap. Be sure to check back here every day in December leading up to Christmas where some of the best bloggers will be sharing their favorite cookie recipe! You can also follow along Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ with the hashtag #BringtheCOOKIES. Thank you to OXO for being our exclusive #BringtheCOOKIES sponsor. Be sure to visit Carla’s blog, Carla’s Confections to enter a sweet OXO Baking Prize Pack.
More delicious cookie recipes from Carla:
Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies
3 Comments on “Cookie Dough Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies”
These look amazing! Big cookies are the best. Especially when there’s peanut butter and cookie dough involved! 🙂
cookie dough STUFFED inside a cookie???! I’M IN LOVE!
Mmm these look great!