S’mores Cereal Treats for Two
These S’mores Cereal Treats for Two are the perfect choice when you only need a small batch of treats and no leftovers hanging around the house. No baking!
Raise your hand if you have 2 kids. Raise your hand if they are already bored with Summer. This recipe is for you.
We are mere days into summer break and my kids are already tired of their toys and books. My oldest wants me to play with him nonstop beginning at 6:00am. A mom can only play a game that has no rules except those that are made on the spot and favor the person making said rules for so long. Especially when breaking those rules results in a total meltdown from the person enforcing them. Also, can we talk about why children were not made with the ability to sleep until at least 7:00am on summer vacation? Or at least on weekends?
For a fun little break in the day I had my arbitrary-rule-making, rising-at-the-crack-of-dawn children make these S’mores Cereal Treats. They loved this recipe because they each got to make a personalized dessert. I loved it because I didn’t have to turn on my oven and there were no leftovers taunting me all weekend. I cannot resist a whole pan of Rice Krispie treats calling my name; I just can’t. And let’s be honest here- we’re friends, right? I loved them because it took my kids at least 2 minutes to eat them.
Two glorious, silent minutes.
Make it for the kids. Or make it for you and your man. Or your lady. Or keep both for yourself. I won’t judge. Waking up at 6:00am and playing all day long is brutal. I don’t know how kids do it so well.
S'mores Cereal Treats for Two
- 8 marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1 Cup Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 1 Tablespoon mini marshmallows or mini chocolate chips, optional
- Place 8 marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave 15-30 seconds.
- Stir in butter and mix with a spoon until melted and smooth.
- Pour in cereals and mix until combined.
- Spray 2 small ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Divide cereal mixture in half and press into each ramekin.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows or mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Let set at least 10 minutes.
Want to make a large batch?
Here’s a similar recipe from the archives that makes a 9×13 pan: Cinnamon Toast S’mores Bars Recipe
Products used in this recipe:
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in recipes. If you purchase an item from Amazon from the link In Katrina’s Kitchen receives a small commission. Thanks!