Small Batch Royal Icing
My very favorite Gingerbread House Icing – the perfect small batch Royal Icing recipe for decorating cookies or holding gingerbread houses together!
Use this small batch royal icing to hold together your gingerbread house. We used this recipe when we made our Rainbow Sprinkle Gingerbread House.
I call this recipe “Small Batch Royal Icing” because I often do not have use for a ton of Royal Icing so I make just enough to fill 2 large Wilton decorating bottles.
Small Batch Royal Icing Recipe
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/4 Cup warm water, plus more for thinning to flood consistency
- 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla or almond extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine powdered sugar and meringue powder.
- Add the water and extract slowly. Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form (about 5-7 minutes).