These festive Reindeer Pretzels will be the cutest treat on your holiday cookie tray. They’re sweet and salty and they come together in under 20 minutes.
We’ve made these Reindeer Pretzels for years because they are quick and easy. They make a cute addition to any cookie tray alongside traditional cookies.
They are so easy that kids can be left to the task by themselves. Younger children may just need an adult to melt the chocolate but everything else is pretty straight forward.
There is something about the sweet and salty combination that makes these Reindeer Pretzels delicious as well as fun. Adults and children will love these cuties.
How to Make Reindeer Pretzels
You will need 4 basic ingredients:
- Mini pretzel rods (I use pretzels called dipping sticks.)
- Melted semisweet chocolate
- Candy eyes
- Red candies (such as sixlets, M&Ms, or cinnamon imperials)
Tips For the Easiest Reindeer Pretzels
Gather all of your ingredients and set them out before you begin
Use any kind of candies, chocolate, or pretzel shapes you have on hand.
Pour your melted chocolate into a glass or silicone dipping container rather than a shallow bowl.
You can find mini candy eyes online or at craft stores such as Michael’s or Joanne’s. Seasonally you can even find them at Walmart or Target.
Feeling crafty? You can even make your own candy eyes out of royal icing.
You can use these Reindeer Pretzels as cupcakes toppers, homemade holiday gifts for teachers, or on Christmas cookie trays. They’re so sweet and salty you won’t be able to eat just one!
- 96 mini rod pretzels, dipping stick size
- 2 cups melted semisweet chocolate
- 48 red candies, like sixlets, M&Ms, or cinnamon imperials
- 96 mini candy eyes
- Dip pretzels in semisweet chocolate. Tap off the excess.
- Place 2 dipped pretzels side by side.
- Place on candy eyes and nose.
- Let harden until firm. Store in an airtight container.
Looking for More Christmas Recipes
Items Used in This Post