Peppermint Snowball Cookies
GUEST POST: Peppermint Snowball Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
Hi there baking friends. Jocelyn from Inside BruCrew Life with you today. Can anyone else believe that Christmas is only a few days away? I need to get on the ball and finish up some stocking stuffers and get the cards in the mail. I have been saying that all week, but it is really time to do it now. And I need to bake more cookies…lots more cookies. Christmas can’t come until I have 10 dozen cookies on a plate:-)
I was so excited when Katrina asked me to be a part of her fun Bring the Cookies month. My favorite thing to do all of December is bake cookies. So a month of all cookies sounds like so much fun to me. I just wish we could all be there in person sharing those cookies. Seriously there have been some awesome cookies shared here.
Today I wanted to share with you a cookie that I make every single year, but first a fun random fact about me…I don’t like snow. My husband calls me a snow grinch 🙂 If it only snowed on Christmas Day, I would be a happy camper. But because I live in the midwest that dream is not going to come true any time soon.
I do happen to like snowball cookies though. These cookies can be rolled in powdered sugar right out of the oven, but I am a chocoholic so I like to get chocolate into a recipe any way I can. When I make these other times of the year, I just use sprinkles on top and change out the extract. But at Christmas time these cookies get a healthy dose of crushed candy canes and peppermint flavoring. I think these are one of my all time favorite cookies to make. One bite of the mint goodness and I think you will see why!
Thank you so much Katrina for letting me share one of my favorite holiday cookies with you. I can’t wait to “meet” all of you. I have a batch of cookies in the oven. Come on over and let’s chat
Peppermint Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 4 oz. white chocolate bark, Candiquik
- 8 whole candy canes, smashed into chunks
- Stir together salt and flour. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and extracts.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and bake on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate. Dip the tops of the cookies into the chocolate and roll in crushed candy canes. Place on waxed paper to harden.
Jocelyn bakes up tasty treats for her BruCrew! I know you will love looking around over there. You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and her blog Inside BruCrew Life. Here are some of her recent cookie creations that you can whip up for your crew:
Thanks for bringing the cookies, Jocelyn!