Peppermint Mocha Sticks
Dunk these Peppermint Mocha Sticks into a piping hot cup of coffee with cream for a delicious start to your day or afternoon pick-me-up!
I am the absolute WORST gift giver. I have no strategy. There are no lists. There’s no checking it twice. When I was 16 I gave my boyfriend (whom I had been dating less than 2 weeks) a pair of baby socks. BABY SOCKS. I thought it was hilarious because his feet were so big. He thought I was telling him something different.
He stuck it out through all of my awkward jokes and bad gifts through the years and married me anyway. Twenty years later I make a selection from his Amazon wishlist and call it a day. Except that’s not entirely true; I make him food gifts. I never go wrong there.
Bloom where you are planted, people.
We happen to love/adore/obsess over coffee in our house. Gone are the days of casual entertaining guests in our home and offering an evening cup of coffee. Now I think of it even before I open my eyes. Children are the best thing that has ever happened to the coffee industry.
These Peppermint Mocha Sticks are like an instant upgrade to your morning cup of coffee or your afternoon pick-me-up. Brew a cup of coffee, dunk and stir to release all of those festive flavors. Give the sticks as gifts (they are adorable!) or enjoy a few minutes of quite before the kids step off the bus this afternoon.
And have a freakin’ awesome Christmas.
Peppermint Mocha Sticks Recipe
- 16 oz milk chocolate
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 Cup instant coffee granules
- 16 Peppermint Sticks
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate according to package directions.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment put confectioners sugar, cocoa, and instant coffee granules.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated fully.
- Place in a piping bag (or plastic zip bag), snip off the tip and pipe into 16 portions. Alternatively use a cookie scoop or small spoon. Mixture will be thick. If you use a silicone baking pan you can microwave it for 10-20 seconds after piping/scooping in the mixture.
- Press peppermint sticks into the centers.
- Let cool 5 hours or overnight.
Items used in this recipe: