Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Giant soft peanut butter oatmeal cookies are the perfect comfort food. Bigger than your hand but you won’t want to share!
Cookies with oats in them = health food right? No? Boo. I had a different post planned but then I sent my baby off to preschool. I might have eaten 1 or 2 of these today. In the 2 1/2 hours that he was gone. At least I ate an apple in between cookies.
Four Year Old Foodie went to preschool a few days a week last year also so this is not completely new territory to me. But each year we add days and hours of being away from home. I may need someone to hold my hand when I put him on a school bus for Kindergarten. You see it’s not just about beginnings but also about endings.
He would rather wear a Star Wars shirt than an Elmo shirt.
He would rather read a Spiderman comic than Go Dog Go.
He would rather wrestle with Dad than cuddle with Mom.
Will I remember the last time he wants to sit on my lap?
Will I remember the last time he requests a sandwich with the crust cut off?
Will I take note of the last time he needs help tying his shoe?
Beginnings and endings. I once heard someone say parenting is like shooting an arrow. Yes you spend a lot of time looking at the target, but you have to let go. I’m still pulling back the string.
My “baby” still likes to bake with his Mama.
So while I still can I’m going to let him measure flour…and get it all over the kitchen.
And break eggs…many more than are required for the recipe.
And taste test the sugar (and the brown sugar, and the chocolate chips, and the flour (that was funny! But he insisted).
Oh yeah, and these cookies are bigger than my hand. Enjoy!
Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Reese’s pieces, I used mini
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, then incorporate the dry ingredients. Slowly add oats and peanut butter chips.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes. I just put in the whole mixer bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tablespoons) drop dough onto a plate of mini Reese’s Pieces and form into a thick cookie disc by smashing down the dough ball a bit. I fit 6 cookies to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.