Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream
It all started out innocently enough. I bought these cute ice cream cookie cutters. After vacation I always find myself a little unmotivated to get back in the kitchen so I turned to something I can do in my sleep…make buttercream and cookies. However this time I wanted my ice cream-shaped cookies to taste like, well, ice cream of course. Oh my. OH MY! If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen this teaser:
All of the cookies/frostings were cute and tasted good but MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP BUTTERCREAM?!
My buttercream axiom has been altered. Forever.
This may seem a little dramatic to you but this is serious business. I had to make a second batch of frosting -only mint chocolate chip this time- just to face the pleading masses (my husband and Four Year Old Foodie).
Are you still reading this? I implore you to make yourself some. The end.
Here’s a little tip – I use a drum cheese grater to finely chop up my chocolate chips. Enjoy!
What would you do with this buttercream?
Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream Recipe
- 2 cups Basic Buttercream frosting, or store-bought
- ½ c finely chopped/grated chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, if desired
- Prepare Basic Buttercream and add chocolate, mint, and food coloring.
- Try not to eat your weight in it.