Hot Chocolate Sticks
Use this Hot Chocolate Sticks recipe to make many variations for gifts or an easy and delicious hot chocolate bar! Try peppermint or salted caramel! I’m excited to be a 2015 JET-PUFFED Blogger and share a few of my favorite sweet marshmallow treats.
The best gifts are food gifts. Am I right? I’ve decided that everyone in my life would benefit from a creamy mug of hot chocolate. And since everyone is different these Hot Chocolate Sticks are the perfect gift to personalize- just dip and stir! If you aren’t gifting these you can set up a fun hot chocolate bar for a crowd!
The recipe comes together quickly with little fuss. Dunk in a mug of warm milk and stir until melted. Crushed peppermint is a personal favorite and popular this time of year.
But can we talk about salted caramel?
For gifts I think popping a marshmallow on top is adorable. I used JET-PUFFED Vanilla and Chocolate Swirled Marshmallows. You may also use a large JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, or for a fun festive look you can use any of JET-PUFFED’s seasonal varieties such as Snowman Mallows, Peppermint Mini Marshmallows, Gingerbread Mallows, Holiday Mallows or their NEW Jumbo Red Velvet Cupcake marshmallows.
Or keep it mini with my favorite JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits.
You really can’t go wrong!
If you make these in a silicone mini cupcake pan they easily pop right out. Alternatively you could use paper liners.
Hot Chocolate Sticks
- 4 packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, 16 oz total
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate according to package directions.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment put confectioners sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated fully.
- Place in a piping bag (or plastic zip bag), snip off the tip and pipe into 16 portions. Alternatively use a cookie scoop or small spoon. Mixture will be thick. If you use a silicone baking pan you can microwave it for 10-20 seconds after piping/scooping in the mixture.
- Top with JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits. Press craft stick into the center.
- Let cool 5 hours or overnight.
Connect with JET-PUFFED: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ I’m happy to partner with JET-PUFFED to bring you marshmallow sweet treats all year long. As always, opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with, and for stopping back to let me know how your family loved my recipes as much as our family does!