Hot Chocolate Sticks
Try this easy Hot Chocolate Sticks recipe to make holiday gifts or an easy and delicious hot chocolate bar. Just dunk into warm milk and stir!
This is a compensated post for JET-PUFFED Marshmallows. Recipe developed independently; all opinions expressed are my own.
The best gifts are food gifts. I’ve decided that everyone in my life would benefit from a creamy mug of hot chocolate. And since everyone is different, these Hot Chocolate Sticks are the perfect gift to personalize- just dip and stir!
What to do with Hot Chocolate Sticks
These Hot Chocolate Sticks are great for holiday gift giving- teachers, mail carriers, neighbors, friends, etc.
Kids love making this recipe and they will take pride in giving homemade gifts!
If you aren’t gifting these you can set up a fun hot chocolate bar for a crowd. Make a variety of choices and set them up on a tray next to a crock pot of warm milk. Guests can ladle in a scoop of milk then pick their favorite Hot Chocolate Sticks flavors!
The recipe comes together quickly with little fuss. Dunk in a mug of warm milk and stir until melted. Crushed peppermint is a personal favorite and popular this time of year.
But can we talk about salted caramel?
For gifts I think popping a marshmallow on top is adorable. I used JET-PUFFED Vanilla and Chocolate Swirled Marshmallows.
You may also use a large JET-PUFFED Marshmallow, or for a fun festive look you can use any of the seasonal varieties such as Snowman Mallows, Peppermint Mini Marshmallows, Gingerbread Mallows, or Holiday Mallows.
Or keep it mini with my favorite JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits.
You really can’t go wrong!
How to Make Hot Chocolate Sticks
Melt the chocolate. If children are helping be sure to assist them with this step. Chocolate can burn- even in the microwave.
Assemble the dry ingredients into the bowl of your mixer, then pour the chocolate on top. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Place mixture into a large piping bag. Cut the tip off and squeeze into silicone molds. Alternatively you can use ziptop bags, but I suggest the “Freezer” versions that are thicker.
If you make these in a silicone mini cupcake pan they easily pop right out. You could also use paper muffin liners.
For a smooth top you can put them into a microwave for 20 seconds and tap on the counter top. (Please do not place foil cupcake liners into a microwave!)
Before chilling add whatever toppings you would like.
Hot Chocolate Sticks
- 16 oz BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, 4 blocks
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, or JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits
- In a microwave safe bowl MELT chocolate according to package directions.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment COMBINE confectioners sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- POUR the melted chocolate on top of the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated fully.
- PLACE in a piping bag (or plastic zip bag), snip off the tip and pipe into 16 portions. Alternatively use a cookie scoop or small spoon. Mixture will be thick. If you use a silicone baking pan you can microwave it for 10-20 seconds after piping/scooping in the mixture.
- Top with JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits. Press craft stick into the center.
- Let cool 4 hours or overnight.
- Peppermint- top with crushed candy canes.
- Salted Caramel- top with caramel and sea salt flakes.
- Creamy Marshmallow- top with jumbo marshmallow.
- Confetti cake- top with sprinkles for a winter birthday.
Connect with JET-PUFFED: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | I’m happy to partner with JET-PUFFED to bring you marshmallow sweet treats all year long. As always, opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with, and for stopping back to let me know how your family loved my recipes as much as our family does!