Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
This Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake recipe is full of the classic chocolate cheesecake you love and bursting with peppermint flavor throughout.
Sponsored Post- I’m happy to join 10 food bloggers from throughout the country and The American Dairy Association Mideast for the second annual Cooking Together to Give Gallons, a holiday recipe exchange to gift the gift of milk through the Great American Milk Drive.
Cheesecake is Christmas to me. You might say family, or faith, or charitable giving, but I say cheesecake. I’m kidding!
But if we’re making lists here, cheesecake would definitely make the top 10 holiday foods for our family. Making mini cheesecakes with my mom and proudly bringing them to and holiday gathering is such a fond memory for me.
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake truly is a simple, showstopper dessert.
I especially like that there is basically NO DECORATING. Bash some candy canes on the countertop and throw them in the general direction of the cheesecake. Done.
Place the 9-inch cheesecake pan into a 10×10 square cake pan and bake it for 45-55 minutes. Then, turn the oven off and let the cheesecake remain in the oven for 1 more hour before removing to let cool completely. Finally, let it set up overnight in the refrigerator.
This year’s partnership with The American Dairy Association Mideast couldn’t come to a more fitting close than this dairy-filled Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake. Not only is it full of tart cream cheese, but I also like to serve it with fresh whipped cream and a tall glass of ice-cold milk. Can we talk about milk?
Milk is the No. 1 nutritious product requested by food bank clients, but it is rarely donated. The Great American Milk Drive is delivering thousands of gallons of milk to families who would otherwise go without.
I love working with the ADA Mideast because they truly make a difference. Of the pounds of food available in food banks, only 5.3 percent is dairy, and 95 percent of food banks say they don’t receive enough milk to meet their clients’ needs.
Without milk, families miss out on high-quality protein and milk’s 9 essential nutrients that kids need to grow up healthy.
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- 2 cups Oreo cookies, crushed (24 cookies)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened (three 8 oz bricks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- crushed candy canes or peppermint chocolates for garnish, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan in heavy-duty foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- MIX graham crackers and melted butter and press into the bottom of your prepared pan and up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, MELT chocolate until smooth (30 second increments, stirring in between). Let cool.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, COMBINE the cream cheese and sugar. Beat together until smooth.
- ADD in the cooled, melted chocolate and mix until combined. One at a time, ADD peppermint and eggs, making sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg.
- DROP batter into prepared crust. FILL a larger pan (10x10 cake pan or roasting pan) with water halfway for a water bath. PLACE the cheesecake pan into the water bath.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minutes until the edges appear to be set. The center will still have some jiggle to it. Close the oven door, turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour has passed, REMOVE the cheesecake from the water bath and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cake is completely cooled, CHILL for at least 5 hours or overnight.
Here are all of the fabulous #GiveGallons recipes:
Beef Wellington Macaroni and Cheese Climbing Grier Mountain | Frozen Whipped Cream Topping Shugary Sweets | Cranberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Well-Plated | Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake In Katrina’s Kitchen | Party Parfait Cups by Eat2Gather | Roasted Garlic Asiago Cheese Ball Lemons for Lulu | Avocado Mint Gluten-Free Cheesecake with Brownie Bottom Food Faith Fitness | White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie Inside BruCrew Life | Easy Irish Cream Chocolate Fondue Wanna Be a Country Cleaver | Gingerbread Milkshake Love Grows Wild
Connect with the American Dairy Association Mideast: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
I’m happy to partner with the American Dairy Association Mideast to bring you dairy-filled treats all year long. As always, the opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with and for stopping back to let me know how your family loved my recipes as much as our family does!
14 Comments on “Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake”
Absolutely LOVE what they’re doing with the Great American Milk Drive and I’ll happily eat a slice of this cheesecake and share it from the rooftops to support the cause 🙂
I’m with you on the cheesecake love!!! And I love your decorating style…”bash some candy canes and throw them in the direction of the cheesecake”…easy peasy!!!
WOWZa GURL!! You did it again! looks amazing!
What a great cause this is! And yes I agree – I love cheesecake because you don’t need to frost it 😉
Such a gorgeous cheesecake! This definitely needs to happen sooner than later 😉 I know the kids would gobble it up!
That is the most festive cheesecake I’ve ever seen — and you can never go wrong with chocolate and peppermint!
So pretty!! I definitely want a slice or two of this!
We’re cheesecake twins! I LOVELOVELOVE all things cheesecake and this looks SO perfect and chocolate-y…I want a few slices! Pinned!
I need a slice of your gorgeous cheesecake, Katrina! Pinned. 🙂
Well colour me confused because you say Tuesday, Dec 2nd…today is Tuesday but it’s only December 1st! Well, I already hit like on the collage they have of your recipes… 🙂
It’s not you- it’s ME!! Lol! I think I need to go make a cup of coffee 😀
You are the queen of garnish. Those candy canes look stunning on top of the cheesecake!!
Gorgeous cheesecake and a great cause. I checked out their FB page…now I need to remember to go back tomorrow and hit like so I can help donate!
I just checked and it’s live and ready now for Giving Tuesday! Thank you so much Carolyn!