Hostess With The Mostess Shares Her Last Minute Halloween Tips
Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a big fan of simplifying. Most of the recipes you find here are quick and easy with not a whole lot of fuss. I went to a birthday party last weekend and my friend made it so special for her son and his friends. When I told her later how awesome it was she shrugged the whole thing off saying that everything was easy. Well easy or not my son was flipping out over the punch bowl for days. Small details like that can take a party to the next level. If you need last minute ideas to jazz up any party you should drop by the Hostess with the Mostess. Jennifer does an awesome job of dropping lots of easy ideas into your lap.
I love this Whimsical Candyland Inspired Halloween Party.
If you’re finding it hard to make time to prepare treats and decorate your house, always focus on baking your Halloween-themed goodies first. To save time ‘decorating,’ focus on just adorning your front door. Not only will you enjoy seeing it every day, but it will be the first thing your guests – and trick-or-treaters – see too!
Get in the Halloween spirit… dress up for dinner! Set up your own spooky finger food buffet and let your family design their own creations with one of Hostess with the Mostess’s favorite recipes – Mini Creepy Pizzas.
Personally I love these paper plates wrapped in colorful cellophane. Wouldn’t they be cute on your front door?! Fun and easy- just my style!
Fleischmann’s Creepy Mini Pizzas Recipe
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast OR RapidRise Yeast
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cups very warm water, 120° to 130°F*
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Vegetable Plus! Oil
- 1 to 2 cups pizza sauce
- Suggested toppings: green, red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni slices, hard salami slices, curly leaf parsley, etc.
- 1 pound total shredded white and yellow cheeses such as mozzarella and cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Divide dough into 8 portions; cover. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rise at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat each portion of dough with floured hands into an 8-inch circle on a greased baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Add a second crust to the same baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes, dough will be just set and only lightly browned on the bottom. Remove crusts to a wire rack to cool. Continue with remaining pizza dough. (Works best to use several baking sheets.) May use crusts immediately or place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 475°F. Spread each crust with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings to make Halloween designs! Repeat with remaining pizzas. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bottom of crust is browned.
This Giveaway is CLOSED. A winner has been chosen and the prize(s) have been fulfilled.
Would you like to win your very own Fleischmann’s Weeknight Party Pizza Kit? Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. A winner will be drawn at random on 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 31st (US Residents only, please). Good Luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway was donated. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.