Made and loved by thousands every year! These Cake Mix Grinch Cookies are so easy and festive they will be sure to put you in the holiday mood. Print and Pin The ORIGINAL Cake Mix Grinch Cookies at In Katrina’s Kitchen!
Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot,
But the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not.
The Grinch hated Christmas — the whole Christmas season.
Oh, please don’t ask why, no one quite knows the reason.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before:
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store–
Maybe Christmas–perhaps–means a little bit more.”
And what happened then–well, in Whoville they say
That the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.
And then the true meaning of Christmas came through,
And the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches–plus two.
And now that his heart didn’t feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light.
With a smile in his soul, he descended Mount Crumpet,
Cheerily blowing Who! Who! on his trumpet.
Welcome, Christmas, while we stand
Heart to heart… and hand in hand.
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix, dry mix only
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- green food coloring, 1 drop
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar, or more for dusting
- Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer CREAM together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- DROP by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar.
- CHILL dough balls for 20 minutes before transferring to a baking sheet to bake.
- PLACE on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
- BAKE for 8-10 minutes until just set.
- COOL 3-4 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. SPRINKLE with more powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe Notes for Cake Mix Grinch Cookies
- These are the Original Cake Mix Grinch Cookies- made and loved by thousands every December. Cake mix boxes may have changed proportions since 2012.
- This author prefers this recipe made with Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake mix.
- The author uses AmeriColor Electric Green gel food coloring and Wilton Jumbo Heart Sprinkles.
- The best way to prevent flat cookies is to scoop the dough into Tablespoon portions and then chill for 20-30 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar and bake.
- These cookies are supposed to look a bit wonky and Grinch-like so embrace the crackles!
Merry Christmas, friends! ♥
Products used in this post: