Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The perfect crisp and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. An easy last minute cookie for holiday gatherings or any time of the year. GUEST POST: Baked by Rachel
Hey guys! Rachel from Baked by Rachel here, serving up super simple and last minute cookies. No, seriously. When I knew I’d be sharing a cookie literally days before Christmas, I knew it had to be simple because who has time for complex cookies with such limited time. There are presents to be wrapped (or at least in my case… I haven’t even started oops), a house to be cleaned before it’s trashed (seriously, why do we even bother?) and meals to prep.
The fun thing about these cookies is that according to my first grader, these cookies are Santa’s favorite! Apparently in a book of letters to Mrs Claus, she claimed these are Santa’s favorite with classic chocolate chip cookies coming in second place. So they are that much more awesome as a last minute cookie.
Carve out 30 minutes and make these cookies. That’s it. There is no chilling required or fancy equipment needed. Simply mix, bake and voila! Get the kids involved, tell them you’re making cookies for Santa because this is his favorite. They might just become your favorite too! They’re a perfect combination of crisp and chewy. Of course, if you prefer super crisp, cook longer. And if you prefer a softer chewier cookie, cook less or just give it a quick pop in the microwave days later (if they last that long of course).
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing on low until combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, flour and oatmeal. Mix, increasing speed until ingredients are fulling incorporated and no streaks remain. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide dough with a large cookie scoop. Shape into even balls. Place on prepared baking sheet 2 to 3-inches apart. Flatten cookies to 3/4-inch using the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or desired crispness. Allow cookies to rest on pan for 5-10 minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. If desired, reheat cookies as desired for a softer cookie.
This post is part of our Third Annual I’ll Bring the COOKIES Virtual Blogger Cookie Swap. Be sure to check back here every day in December leading up to Christmas where some of the best bloggers will be sharing their favorite cookie recipe! You can also follow along Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ with the hashtag #BringtheCOOKIES. Thank you to OXO for being our exclusive #BringtheCOOKIES sponsor. Be sure to visit Rachel’s blog, Baked by Rachel to enter a sweet OXO Baking Prize Pack.
More delicious cookie recipes from Rachel:
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
7 Comments on “Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These cookies are so versatile and you can enjoy them with a glass of milk, as a dessert after or before dinner which I always end up doing, as a snack , really versatile. I always give my daughter and son couple of cookies to have with them in the kindergarten center , anyways who’s recipe is this ? Is it yours Katrina or is it Rachel’s ? I am confused 🙂
I will always love an oatmeal cookie 🙂 yum
mmm nothing like a classic comforting oatmeal choc chip cookie
Sorry, should have read *back to baking!*
So, I said I was all done baking for the the holidays. Retired my Kitchen Aid until January. Then I see these cookies…looks like I’m bake to baking 🙂
this recipe is perfect for the holidays! thanks for sharing!
These truly look dreamy! Yum!!