Espresso Pecan Biscotti: A Guest Post with Chef Dennis
Welcome! Won’t you sit and stay a while? These beautiful biscottis are here via Chef Dennis from More Than A Mount Full. I am honored that he is taking the time to help me out so I can walk away from the computer this week. You didn’t think I would just leave you all empty-handed, did you?! I know you will enjoy his recipes (**BONUS: He is giving you TWO!**). Also don’t forget to stop by his blog and tell him I said hello!
Hi to all the readers of In Katrina’s Kitchen, I’m Chef Dennis from More Than A Mount Full and it’s my great pleasure to be here today with you and my friend Katrina! I don’t get do many guest posts because of time limitations, So I was thrilled to be asked, and so happy to be here today with all of you today while Katrina takes a much deserved vacation!
If you have ever been to MTAMF, I’m sure you noticed on more than one occasion that I enjoy Italian foods of all types and they do find their way on to my posts a good deal of the time, so of course I’m going with Italian today! Now I’m not a baker by any stretch of the imagination but I do love to bake. I guess you could say it’s almost therapeutic for me, and of course I love to eat and who doesn’t love something sweet! I thought about what I could make for you today, that would keep up with the high standards Katrina has gotten her fans use to (she is a fantastic chef and baker!). So I thought for today’s post, I would make my go to Italian cookie the Biscotti.
A few weeks ago I was sent some of the most delicious flavored pecans from Amelia’s Spicing Pecans, and before I managed to eat them all while at my computer, I made a few batches of biscotti, and was that a good decision!
This is the easiest biscotti recipe I have ever used and is basically foolproof, it’s one I teach at school. If you don’t happen to have a friend to send you Spicing Pecans, feel free to substitute regular pecans instead (dried fruit works very well too). You’ll be amazed at how easy they are to make, and of course delicious, so please make sure you give them a try! You’ll be happy you did!
We do love biscotti in our home, they go so well with our morning espresso, coffee or just as a snack and they hold up well in ziplock bags for over a week. That is if they last that long! Thanks to Katrina for allowing me to share her blog today, and I hope you stop by and say hello when you have a chance. Enjoy the rest of your week, stay cool and stay full!
Espresso Pecan Biscotti Recipe
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup coffee flavored pecans
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 4 oz. white chocolate melted, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, espresso powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then slowly add in the sugar.
- Slowly add in the oil until mixture is a light yellow in color.
- Add the flour mixture, and Chopped Pecans, mix together until blended.
- With moistened hands form dough into a log on a cookie sheet, about 1 inch thick by 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes then slice into ½ inch slices and place the biscotti on their sides and return to the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown, then let place on a cooling rack.