Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
These Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles are the classic cinnamon sugar taste you love in a puffy cookie, not too sweet and just the right amount of tartness from the cream cheese in the dough.
These Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite Christmas cookies to include on holiday cookie platters! I’m also sharing the recipe as a paid partnership with American Dairy Association Mideast. I love bringing you recipes and working with brands that I love. The partnership I have with ADA Mideast is special to me especially since one of my sons gets the bulk of his protein from dairy (due to other past food allergies).
With cream cheese in the dough, and perfectly paired with a mug of sweet hot chocolate this classic recipe is a tradition in our home. Our favorite Christmas cookies are these well-loved Best Sugar Cookies but there’s always room for a variety on the holiday cookie platter. Plus, I love bumping up my recipes with dairy. Here are four tips for using dairy to take holiday recipes to the next level, such as by adding browned butter, cooking with buttermilk and braising chicken and pork in milk.
Let me know if you give them a try! If you’re a regular around here this little note is for you (otherwise just scroll right on to the recipe!). Well, 2018 was a big year for me personally. I won’t get into all the details, but among other things our family moved from our beloved home of the past 13 years. I brought my babies home from the hospital and spent the next decade chasing them around there with lots of love and laughter. It was a bittersweet move but we truly LOVE our new home. So, Katrina has a new kitchen…and an actual office space! I’m looking forward to bringing you lots of recipes in 2019!
Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Incorporate dry ingredients to the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill covered for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll dough into balls using about 2 heaping teaspoons of dough per cookie. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until set. Let cool 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
For even more recipes, information about dairy nutrition, and to meet Ohio and West Virginia dairy farmers, visit Drink-Milk.com, and follow the American Dairy Association Mideast on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.