Cinnamon Cereal Toffee Crunch
Cinnamon Cereal Toffee Crunch Recipe- enjoy it with festive M&Ms or plain. Either way it is addicting and EVERYONE will be asking for the recipe. TRUST ME!
Hello. My name is Katrina, and I am addicted to making toffee. Seriously.
It has been a delicious few weeks at my house. I’ve been pouring toffee over ALL THE THINGS.
Valentine’s Week in a house full of boys is always interesting, especially if you are the only girl and the only person who likes pink things. I remember when my oldest was in preschool (preschool!) and he was horrified that I suggested decorating his Valentine’s card box with monsters that had hearts with them. Eww Mom that is SO uncool. No boys like hearts. No hearts. No pink. Red is pushing it (unless it looks bloody). Not even with cute monsters. And even though the monsters are cute you must not even THINK about using that word in front of your boys.
So now I just let him give whatever completely manly Valentine’s cards he wants, and he gets to decorate his box with foil and burlap. He really wanted to throw some mulch on top but I had to draw the line somewhere.
Sometimes just for fun I like to make delicious snacks decorated in pink and red. I serve them in tiny paper cups plastered with hearts, then I laugh at my house full of boys while I eat an entire batch of toffee in one sitting.
When they ask me how it tastes I simply reply, “Cute!”
Cinnamon Cereal Toffee Crunch Recipe
- 4 cups of cinnamon cereal, such as Chex
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup M&Ms candies, optional
- Measure out the cereal. Pour in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar.
- Stir constantly for 6-8 minutes until the color is light brown (like a paper bag). If using a candy thermometer the temperature should reach about 298°F. The mixture may look curdled or separated- that's okay. You are looking for a light brown caramel color.
- Immediately remove from heat and slowly add vanilla- being careful to avoid any splatters to your skin. Stir for a few more seconds, and pour over the cereal.
- Stir the toffee to coat the cereal as best you can then spread the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet to cool. Add M&Ms if desired. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Items used in this recipe:
In Katrina’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.