Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn
Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn- White chocolate and milk chocolate drizzled over salty sweet popcorn and crunchy potato chips- out of this world!
Salty and sweet HEAVEN! I can remember the very first time I had chocolate-covered popcorn. About 10 years ago some friends were giving away homemade Christmas gifts of little tins filled with the confection. I was immediately puzzled. I couldn’t wrap my brain around popcorn that was sweet instead of savory. Upon first taste my whole popcorn world was changed in an instant!
The following year I was making my own tins of chocolate covered popcorn and bringing it to every social function that we were invited to. My favorite combination was white chocolate covered popcorn, so I knew that I needed to swap out some milk chocolate for white in this Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn recipe. I read cookbooks like most people read novels (especially when my good friends are the authors!) and I can tell you that I honestly couldn’t put down Party Popcorn by Ashton Swank (Something Swanky blog).
Can a cookbook be a page-turner? A book that lights you up with joy and anticipation after each page? Yes it can! If you are a popcorn fanatic then you need to step away from the butter and salt. Try peanut butter, chocolate, powdered sugar, trail mix add-ins, and even crushed Doritos! Ashton says she thinks that popcorn and potato chips kind of belong in the same world- and oh she is speaking the truth!!
Can you even look at these two beauties without wanting to reach in a take a bite?! Thanks to Ashton and her treats I added a few more weekly miles to my treadmill last week.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup milk chocolate melting candy
- 1 cup potato chips with ridges
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place the chocolate melting candy in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. If needed, add additional heating time in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until the candy is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted candy over the popcorn, but do not stir yet.
- Crumble the potato chips over the popcorn bowl (it's okay to leave big pieces). Using a large rubber spatula, gently stir to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture on a large piece of parchment paper or a large silicone baking mat, and sprinkle with the sea salt, adding more to taste if desired.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate coating has hardened, about 20 minutes. Break into pieces before packaging or transberring to a bowl for serving. The popcorn may be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
In Katrina’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
7 Comments on “Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn”
It’s 8amish, I’m just on my first cup of coffee AND man oh man I want a bucket of this popcorn to munch on!
Did you know that in Germany sweet popcorn is far more common than salty one? You get only the sweet variety at the movies. So imagine how I felt when I went to watch my first movie in the US, wanted to get some sweet popcorn and the guy on the other side of the counter looked like I had just requested a steak with fries. (Up to today I still haven’t had any salty popcorn.)
ohhh yes-this recipe is def. a game changer! I would not be able to stop eating it!
Party Popcorn!!! I had no idea you could take popcorn to a chocolate level! Wow!!!
Love this! You are the sweetest awesomest person everest. 😉
I’ve made white chocolate popcorn so can vouch how fabulous it is! Now I need to add potato chips as I just can’t resist that sweet-salty combo!!!