Cake Batter Ice Cream Bread
Homemade bread using 2 ingredients- ice cream and flour! I used Cake Batter Ice Cream to make ice cream bread but you can get creative with ANY flavor!
Did you read that right? Yes you did. Two-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread. When I saw this recipe my mind exploded.
I mean THINK of all the possibilities! Moose Tracks, Rocky Road, Mint Chocolate Chip (you already know how I feel about that), Cookies and Cream, Noah’s Arctic Freeze. Okay that last one is my husband’s creation of vanilla ice cream studded with frosted animal crackers. Patent pending (Shh! not really). Disregard that one. But ICE CREAM BREAD!
I first made this a few weeks ago with chocolate ice cream and a few chocolate chips thrown in the batter for good measure. I’ll be honest, it was okay. Here’s the thing- it looked like a brownie but it tasted like bread. It made my brain hurt.
Let me introduce you to my friend Cake Batter Ice Cream. He (?) goes well with sprinkles. Lots and lots of sprinkles. Also I just dumped them in the bottom of my bundt pan this time instead of mixing them into the batter. Score!
This is bread, not cake. It is dense with just the right amount of sweetness from the ice cream. You cut it and eat it with your hands. And then you laugh at the world because you are eating ice cream with your hands while others still have to use a spoon.
Also don’t feel the need to confess that you ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on cake batter ice cream bread.
Cake Batter Ice Cream Bread Recipe
- 1.5 quart tub of cake batter ice cream
- 3 cups of self-rising flour
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Let ice cream soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine ice cream with flour until the flour is incorporated.
- Evenly distribute sprinkles in the bottom of a greased Bundt pan and scoop batter evenly on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert and allow to cool completely.