Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
Sometimes you just want a cookie…or two, am I right? When you are in the mood for chocolate, you are going to want to whip out this recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two. It makes 2 generously sized cookies or one GIANT cookie.
This content is sponsored by The Hershey Company.
If you’re going to have dessert you might as well make it fabulous. I would rather take one indulgent ice cream sundae with all the toppings my heart desires than settle for something less. If I have the urge for chocolate it’s best to just get it out of the way and savor every second of it. Enter these cookies.
Sometimes you just want the great taste of chocolate with a giant glass of milk.
When I spent time in the HERSHEY’S Kitchens this past summer I was so pleased to learn that The Hershey Company still uses fluid milk delivered fresh daily from local dairy farms to make their HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolates in the West Hershey Plant in Hershey, PA. In fact Milton Hershey chose the Derry Township area to build his chocolate company because he wanted to ensure that the milk was only fresh milk coming in to make his product.
I developed this recipe to be enjoyed by two people, but I tested it several times and made adjustments to the recipe so that it can be enjoyed as one GIANT cookie to sharel! Seriously. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two is just the recipe you need for Valentine’s Day coming up.
You don’t even need to turn your mixer on for this recipe! All it takes is a small bowl, a few measuring spoons, and a rubber spatula, and you’re 30 minutes away from chocolate bliss. I think you should completely 100% make this for your valentine!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two... or One!
Yield: 2 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Looking for a quick dessert for two people? Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two recipe makes two (or ONE!) giant cookies to share!
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa Natural Unsweetened
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips (+ extra if desired)
- In a small bowl (or electric mixer if you prefer, but not necessary), use a firm spatula to cream together the butter, salt, and sugars until smooth and incorporated.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and cocoa until a dough forms. Add chocolate chips.
- Dough will be wet/sticky. Separate into two equal mounds of dough. Press a few extra chocolate chips into the top if desired. Chill dough balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350° F while you wait.
- Transfer cookie dough balls to a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Follow steps 1-3 to make 1 giant cookie. Form dough into a large disc. Chill for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350° F for 12-14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for at least 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack.
Original recipe and images © In Katrina's Kitchen
You can find out more about all of the Hershey’s Shared Goodness bloggers on the Hershey site. As a Shared Goodness ambassador I have an ongoing partnership with Hershey. I was compensated for my time; all opinions are my own.