Snowball Swirl Cookies
These Snowball Swirl Cookies are pillowy soft buttery cookies studded with white chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles- start to finish under 30 minutes! GUEST POST: Love From the Oven
Wow, can you believe it, Christmas is almost here! Thank you to Katrina for inviting me over to bring a plate of cookies for Santa as he fills up his sleigh and gets ready to head out. I thought I would share my daughter’s favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe, and it’s a quick and easy one you can whip up in no time.
Once upon a time this was on the bag of the Nestle Swirled Holiday Premier White Colored Morsels. We loved these fun little red & white and green & white chips, but the last time we’ve seen them on store shelves was 2010. My daughter loved these cookies so much that we had to come up with a fun way to make them without the cute little Swirled Holiday chips.
These buttery cookies really benefit from the sweetness that white chocolate chips provide, but they also, in my opinion, need some fun holiday color. Sprinkles to the rescue!
That should give us the pop of holiday color we need!
These easy cookies only require seven ingredients. No eggs, no baking soda or powder. No chilling of dough. Easy peasy here people, mama doesn’t have time for complicated on Christmas eve!
In case you think Santa might want some to go, a mason jar with a little twine works perfectly as a to go container.
If you still need a few more cookie recipes, these Hot Cocoa Cookies are one of my all time favorites and a big crowd pleaser. And you can’t go wrong with a simple spritz cookie. Thank you so much to Katrina for having me over. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that 2014 is your sweetest year yet!
Snowball Swirl Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter, 3 sticks
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2-1 cup sprinkles in colors of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add in vanilla, mix well. Add in salt and flour, a little at a time, mixing until well combined. Dough will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, leaving about 2" between each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Leave a plate out, along with some milk, for the big guy in the red suit.
This post is part of our Third Annual I’ll Bring the COOKIES Virtual Blogger Cookie Swap. Be sure to check back here every day in December leading up to Christmas where some of the best bloggers will be sharing their favorite cookie recipe! You can also follow along Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ with the hashtag #BringtheCOOKIES. Thank you to OXO for being our exclusive #BringtheCOOKIES sponsor. Be sure to visit Christi’s blog, Love From the Oven to enter a sweet OXO Baking Prize Pack.
More delicious cookie recipes from Christi: