This Rainbow Granola is sure to brighten up your morning and bring a smile to your face. A fun way to sneak oats into picky children as well!
I’m not afraid of a little color, are you? I’ve made a Rainbow Swirl Cake, Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Tie Dyed Rice Krispie Treats. St Patrick’s Day can come and go without me even knowing it but I’m never one to pass up an excuse for rainbow food. My kids are pretty good eaters but they take after their mom when it comes to oatmeal; we just can’t do it. This is not news to those of you that follow along regularly but it’s still true. homemade granola is a way for me to soothe my conscience.
Even the oatmeal haters in my house approved of these Rainbow Granola cups. As you can see this is basically a traditional granola recipe with some Fruity Pebble cereal tossed in. It bakes up crispy and crunchy and in perfect little clumps if you like a chunky granola. I threw in a few sprinkles at the very end for good measure, because sprinkles make me happy. Did you know that there are such things as Sprinkle Haters?! It’s true! Shocking but true.
- 2 Cups rolled oats, old fashion oats
- 2 Cups quick oats
- 2 Cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons apple juice
- ½ Cup honey
- Rainbow sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 250. Combine oats and cereal in a large bowl.
- Measure out coconut oil, brown sugar, juice (or water), vanilla, and honey in a microwave safe bowl. Heat this mixture in the microwave before pouring it over the granola.
- Spread granola out over 2 large rimmed, greased baking sheets. Use your hands to form clumps of granola if you like it chunky.
- Bake at 250 for 20 minutes.
- Stir. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add sprinkles (optional) when cooled completely.