Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse Cheesecake
Fluffy peanut butter truffle mousse cheesecake topped with a peanut butter mousse layer and drizzled in warm peanut butter sauce.
I apologize to you in advance for this madness. But I do have a good excuse – last week my husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary! So he gave me a gorgeous ring and I gave him…a gorgeous cake (don’t you think?). But I couldn’t stop with peanut butter truffle mousse cheesecake. I mean, this is a once in a lifetime celebration, right?
Once in a lifetime, People!
Let’s break this down, shall we?
This fluffy and full cheesecake is resting on a chocolate peanut butter Oreo crust, topped off with a thick layer of peanut butter truffle mousse and Reese’s Cups. Then…well, then I felt the need to drizzle it with warm peanut butter sauce.
So I made my husband’s favorite dinner and then surprised him with this beauty. I ran out of time to make him a card though – that’s okay isn’t it? If you’ll excuse my ramblings for a minute let me just tell you how happy I am to be married to my best friend! We are high school sweethearts and had dated 6 years before we graduated college and got married. He still makes my heart go all aflutter and I am full to bursting with love for him. We laugh every day and truly enjoy one another’s company. Believe me when I say I count my blessings every day.
Happy anniversary, Husband!
I love you.
More than peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups crushed peanut butter Oreos, approx. half a pack
- ¼ cup butter, meltedCheesecake:
- 4 8oz sticks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extractPeanut Butter Truffle Mousse
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz tubs Cool Whip
- Reese’s Cups, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a 9 inch springform pan in heavy duty foil.
- Mix together crushed Oreos and melted butter and press into the bottom of your pan and up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Boil a large pot of water for the water bath.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and cream cheese and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time making sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream and vanilla and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Place pan into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes until the edges appear to be set. The center will still have some jiggle to it. Close the oven door, turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour has passed, remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cake is completely cooled, chill for at least 5 hours (overnight is better).
- The next morning assemble the PB Truffle Mousse:
- In the bowl of your mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and milk until smooth.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon over the cheesecake then chill at least 3 hours. Garnish with peanut butter cups.
Now if you’ll excuse me?
I have some leftovers that need some attention.
153 Comments on “Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse Cheesecake”
Aw thanks so much Lillian! It was a fun dessert to create. Sometimes you just have to let go and indulge 🙂
Dennis your comment makes me laugh out loud! Thanks 🙂 It is a little over the top but I wanted to celebrate in a big way.
Oh yes the pb glaze is what did it for me too! So glad you came over 🙂
Wow! That's awesome! Yes we are not the norm I suppose 🙂
Thanks for the recommendation on the cheesecake Cassie! I had made on a few weeks ago for something else and it was a bit flatter than I would have liked. This was *perfect* 🙂
It was soooooo good 🙂 But yes…just a little bit on the peanut-buttery side 😉
Once again, Happy Anniversary Katrina.
What a wonderful and delicious way to celebrate such a milestone. Wish you many more to come.
Sheer decadence! Love the photos and would love to break my diet on something like this!
Hey thanks for stopping by! I'm honored!
Ha ha! Well it was hard to finish just *one* piece! lol Soooooooo rich!
I would love to hear your thoghts on making it 🙂
Thank you! We enjoyed every last bite 😉
Thanks! Here's my ring too – I loooove it! https://t.co/LebK3x3 via @twitpic
Thanks Wendy 🙂 I wanted to do something over-the-top for this one.
Julia this comment cracked me up! Ha!
Thanks Sandra! You're the best!
This looks absolutely divine. I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate. I must make this soon! Thank you for sharing and Happy Anniversary!
The cake is amaaaaaaaazing
Love the pic with the words! It makes the cake look extreme! Congratulations on your anniversary 😀
Happy anniversary!! Your cake looks so lovely and decadent!! May you have many more years of wedded bliss!
WOW! it looks perfekt! and now in german: großartig, fantastisch!!!
First of all… happy anniversary!!! And goodness… I'd say he got the better end of the deal!!!! (just kidding Mr. Katrina's Kitchen!).
Katrina… seriously, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life, just a think of sheer beauty!!
Happy Anniversary and congrats on 10 years! Now can you come over and make this for my wedding anniversary in August 😉
LOL that's a good thing right?! 🙂 I know it was a little over the top but it was worth every last bite!
Thanks Courtney! 🙂
yeah cards are just things that get thrown away I suppose. But I like to get my craft on too lol
Yay! 20 years!
Congrats to you too! 🙂
Well happy 10 years to you too!! 😉
Thank you Brandie! 🙂
Oh my gosh, I'm dying over this cake right now, it looks amazing! Everything I love and more. Happy anniversary! 🙂
WOW……………….. I'm speechless and starving… If I would marry you again if I were your hubby just to get another slice of cake… lol!
Thanks Richard! Yes you could use about 3 cups of whipped cream (heavy whipping cream with a little bit of sugar or powdered sugar mixed in). Whip until nice and fluffy and then incorporate. I think that would be just fine!
Hi, this looks amazing, would love to make this, however i live in the Uk and i cannot get cool whip for the truffle mouse, is there anything else that i can use. i was thinking double or heavy cream. thanks
I think this cheesecake will keep you married for another 10 years!
This cake will be a must!! Delicious!! Simply delicious!
Can I come over and eat the rest of this? Please 🙂
Wow! Not sure how you could sneak more peanut butter in this beauty! It looks amazing. And yes, I think a cake like this is a perfect trade for a gorgeous ring!!! Happy Anniversary!
Incredible job on this dessert…it looks absolutely amazing.
Wow, wow, wow! This cake is so beautiful! Happy Anniversary 🙂
Holy crap! I saved this recipe and will be making this asap! Thank you so much for sharing this…. those 20 pounds I lost are coming right back! haha
Happy belated anniversary! You are a wonderful wife to make this decadent dessert for your anniversary dinner. Let me know if you need help with those leftovers.
Your photos are WONDERFUL and that annotated one makes me so very happy 🙂 This is a truly spectacular recipe katrina, gorgeous.
amazing. so so decadent!
This is a beauty, indeed! 🙂
And "I love you. More than peanut butter" is a great declaration of love!
Happy anniversary! Your husband is the luckiest man in the world! 🙂
oh my word. why did i decide to go thru my google reader at this hour? this is heaven on a plate!! my mouth can't stop watering… you have outdone yourself, girlie! what a lucky husband you have!
happy anniversary… it sounds like you two lovebirds had a wonderful celebration! =)
ps. gorgeous photos!
Amazing cheesecake! MY husband would marry you for that! Beautiful photos… and Happy Anniversary!