Double Chocolate Toffee
Double Chocolate Toffee is sweet, crunchy toffee sandwiched between two irresistibly creamy layers of chocolate- this homemade candy is perfect for gifting! This content is sponsored by Hershey’s.
I love giving homemade gifts for Christmas now especially more than ever. People are so busy that baking oftentimes gets set aside. So when you give a homemade food gift (especially DOUBLE Chocolate Toffee!!) you’ll always be rewarded with a big smile!
When I was a young girl growing up, there was always an assortment of goodies hanging around at our family Christmas parties. The treat I most often found myself coming back to was the candy dish of HERSHEYS Miniatures. You know the ones I’m talking about- four different kinds of chocolate in one sitting! I couldn’t stop until I had a taste of each kind: HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate bar, HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Dark Chocolate bar, KRACKEL Chocolate bar, and MR. GOODBAR Chocolate bar.
The only thing more irresistible than chocolate is toffee so I thought I would combine them both for a Christmas treat. And because I like to push the limits, I just had to line the pan with full sized Milk Chocolate HERSHEY Bars as well!
I love partnering with Hershey because the taste and quality can be trusted every time throughout generations. The same chocolate bars I remember sampling as a child can now be enjoyed by my own children. Click here to watch a short video about the timelessness of HERSHEY’S Chocolate.
Double Chocolate Toffee Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar1 cup salted butter1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars, 1.55 oz
- 1 bag HERSHEY'S Miniatures Assortment, 12 oz
- Sprinkles, optional
- Line a silicone baking pan (or baking sheet lined with parchment paper) with 6 full size, unwrapped HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars.
- Unwrap HERSHEY'S Miniatures Assortment candies. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar.
- Stir constantly for 6-8 minutes until the color is light brown (like a paper bag). If using a candy thermometer the temperature should reach about 298°F. The mixture may look curdled or separated- that's okay. You are looking for a light brown caramel color.
- Remove from heat and slowly add vanilla- being careful to avoid any splatters to your skin. Stir for a few more seconds, and pour over the chocolate bars.
- Immediately place HERSHEY'S Miniatures candies on top, and cover with sprinkles if using.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
You can find out more about all of the Hershey’s Shared Goodness bloggers on the Hershey site. As a Shared Goodness ambassador I have an ongoing partnership with Hershey. I was compensated for my time; all opinions are my own.
13 Comments on “Double Chocolate Toffee”
Must…. resist… futile! Nomnomnom! Toffee and double chocolate for the win!
I made this tonight. It is delicious. Is there a trick to cutting these? The top chocolate bars snapped right off as I was cutting through the toffee.
yesssss-my grandma always had all the diff. mini bars!
This toffee is such a smart idea!! I love that it’s sandwiched between the chocolate bars and also…toffee=HEAVEN
LOVE the idea of using the whole chocolate bar with season’s greeting on it. So cute. Toffee is the best!
I have and always will love Hershey’s. I’ve been to their Chocolate World so many times, even if we were just driving by and stopped for lunch. Then of course the iconic s’mores. I’ve never attempted toffee before. Maybe I’ll try soon!
Love the double layers of chocolate!
That looks dangerously good!
Can’t go wrong with double the chocolate! This toffee looks so good!
Looks like I have one more holiday treat to make! Can’t wait to try these. Pinned!
So holiday festive- I love it!
I love this!! I made saltine toffee this year, and was thinking that was good – but now it is not enough, I need to try this!
This is my kind of toffee add on the chocolate and leave out the nuts. yum!
Chocolate and toffee is a delicious combination!