Creepy Peepers Halloween Jell-O
These Creepy Peeper Halloween Jell-o cups are just creepy enough to be cool…even for little kiddos!
So, you know I have boys, right? I’m outnumbered 3 to 1, in fact. That means no princess costumes, no glittery face paint, no plastic jewelry, no fairy wings, no tutus, nothing.
It has been happening slowly over the past 5 years, but I have started to think like a boy. I get excited when I see farm equipment. I slow down the car a little as I pass excavators digging. I even know what an excavator is and how it is different than a bulldozer. It’s a sad thing.
So I made you creepy Halloween Jell-O.
*Use a well-greased, rimmed baking sheet to make the white Jell-O eyes if you don’t have a jelly bean mold (Who even does? I’m SO weird.)
You could also make this in a 9×13 dish instead of cups. I would still recommend reserving 1 cup of the Jell-O to pour over the eyes after you add them to the dish that way it won’t look like all of your eyes have sunk to the bottom. Or floated to the top. Or whatever.
Creepy Peepers Halloween Jello Recipe
- 2 6 oz packages of green Jell-O, the large boxes
- 2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin, 4 envelopes in a box
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Water, various portions and temperatures
- Food coloring pen
- Pam, or other vegetable oil spray
- Bring 2½ cups water to a boil, pour over green Jell-O and stir 3 minutes until dissolved.
- Reserve 1 cup of this green Jell-O, set aside. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Pour remaining Jell-O into a greased 9x13 dish and refrigerate.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil on your stovetop. Stir in sweetened condensed milk; stir to incorporate.
- In a small bowl with 1 cup of cold water sprinkle in 2 packages of Knox unflavored gelatin. Let stand (about 1 minute) to “bloom.” Add ½ cup boiling water. Pour the unflavored gelatin mixture into the milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into jelly bean mold, refrigerate.*
- At this point you have a pan of green Jell-O and a pan of white Jell-O in the refrigerator and a cup of Jell-O on the countertop. You will need to go find something to do for at least an hour, probably closer to 2 hours.
- When firm to the touch cut green Jell-O into small pieces. Pop out white eyeballs or use a small circle cutter (cake decorating tip, bottle cap of vanilla, etc.) to cut out white eyes. Add black pupils with a food coloring pen.
- Layer green Jell-O and eyeballs into small glasses.
- Remember that cup of Jell-O on the countertop? Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds if necessary and pour over the cups.
- Return to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Gross out your friends.