Cereal Treat Easter Eggs
These Cereal Treat Easter Eggs are made with marshmallows and fruity cereal. Shaped into Easter eggs they’re a fun holiday twist on a classic no-bake treat!
Seeing things through my children’s eyes is perhaps one of my favorite things about being a parent. I enjoy when my preschooler gets excited for the first snowflakes of the season or when my baby can barely contain his excitement over hearing music come from the radio.
Holidays are especially fun. Every year I find myself more and more willing to offer special crafts and treats for my family to help celebrate. That’s why I made these Easter eggs this year – they are not the most sophisticated thing to come out of my kitchen but they are bright and cheery and my son was literally jumping up and down with excitement while we were making them.
These were simple to make and you could easily change up the recipe to use any cereal your family likes. I used Fruity Pebbles because they were colorful. You basically mix up the ingredients and stuff them into plastic Easter eggs. I found that it was easiest to use eggs that split down the side vertically.
I placed the finished eggs to dry in a muffin tin. Keep these in an airtight container for up to 1 week. If you are going to be munching on them throughout the week and they get a bit too firm to bite into just put one in the microwave for 5-10 seconds before enjoying.
Cereal Treat Easter Eggs Recipe
- ¼ c butter
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 5 c cereal, I used Fruity Pebbles
- In a large pan melt butter using medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pour in the cereal and mix to incorporate.
- Spray plastic eggs with cooking spray. I found it was easiest to use eggs that split vertically. You could just use 1 or 2 eggs for this process as the cereal does not take long to take the shape of the egg.
- Spoon the cereal mixture into each half of the egg then close egg to form shape. Pop cereal out after about 10 seconds.