Honey Brie Bites with Candied Walnuts
Easy appetizer for your next gathering- Honey Brie Bites stuffed with brown sugar candied walnuts then drizzled with warm honey.
This month I’m teaming up with the American Dairy Association Mideast for some recipes featuring one of my favorite things in life- cheese!
In these irresistible appetizers you will find creamy brie wrapped in flaky puff pastry along with honey and Brown Sugar Candied Walnuts. To top it off, we’re drizzling the pastries with warm honey and a few more crushed candied walnuts. You’ll be coming back for more!
As we gear up for the holidays you will want to tuck away some recipes that are easy for entertaining guests- and these Honey Brie Bites are practically effortless to prepare.
You can even prepare them in advance and freeze them before baking. They’ll be ready for you to pop in the oven when guests arrive.
How to Serve Brie
When preparing your brie you DO NOT have to throw away the rind. The whole rind is edible! Just slice and serve.
Bring your brie to room temperature (about 30-45 minutes on the counter top) before serving to get the best creamy texture.
Brie has such a wonderful flavor that it is often served with a plain, crusty baguette.
Brie can be served room temperature with sweet toppings. Try apricot or blackberry jam, honey, or fruit such as apple and pear slices.
Try serving brie with savory toppings like pepper jam, jalapenos, figs, and olives.
What to Drink with Brie
The French would suggest you drink champagne with brie.
Try fruity red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Dry white wines like Sauvignon Blanc will also work well.
A carbonated beer such as a pilsner would pair great with Honey Brie Bites as well.
If alcohol is not on the menu, try fruit juices like apple or white grape.
During the holidays you must try these brie bites with my Best Homemade Eggnog
Honey Brie Bites
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz brie
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 1 egg
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- ROLL out each sheet of puff pastry sheet on a floured work surface. Cut along the seams to form three long rectangles. Then cut each rectangle into three squares. (9 squares per sheet)
- SLICE brie into 18 small wedges. On each puff pastry square place a wedge of brie, about 1/2 teaspoon of honey, and a sprinkle of chopped candied walnuts.
- FOLD the pastry over the brie to form a rectangle or triangle. Use a fork to crimp the edges. Then pierce the top of the pastry with the fork to vent.
- WHISK the egg (thin with 1 teaspoon of water if desired) and brush the tops of each puff pastry with egg wash.
- BAKE for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. After baking drizzle with honey and finely chopped candied walnuts if desired. Best served warm.
I’m sharing the easy prep for this recipe over on the Drink-Milk blog so be sure to go over and print the Honey Brie Bites recipe.
I’m happy to partner with the American Dairy Association Mideast to bring you dairy-filled treats all year long. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with, and for stopping back to let me know how your family loved my recipes as much as our family does!