Blackberry Fig Deviled Eggs
Rich fig jam pairs with salty bacon, spicy mustard, and tart blackberries for this sweet twist on a classic dish- Blackberry Fig Deviled Eggs.
- 12 eggs hard-boiled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fig jam
- 1 Tablespoon blackberry jam
- 4 slices bacon cooked and cooled
- 6 blackberries halved
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 fresh parsley
SLICE 12 hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Set aside the egg yolks in a small bowl.
Use a fork to MASH the yolks. ADD mayonnaise (or Greek Yogurt), dijon mustard, and fig jam. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
PLACE a small drop of blackberry jam in the bottom of each egg white (optional).
SCOOP or pipe the fig egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
TOP with bacon, blackberry, and a sprig of parsley. SPRINKLE with salt before serving.
- Greek yogurt may be substituted for mayonnaise.
- Taste the filling as you go for flavor and seasoning.
- Prosciutto is an excellent substitute for bacon in this recipe.
- The egg mixture may be made ahead of time, but it is recommended to fill and garnish before serving.
- Serve with fresh figs or baguette slices with fig and blackberry jam.
Calories: 59kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3gFat: 5gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 68mg