Trail Mix Caramel Apple Slices
Yield: 16 slices
Trail Mix Caramel Apple Slices are bursting with peanuts, cashews, pretzels, chocolate, and raisins! Customize with your favorite trail mix toppings.
- 4 apples granny smith or fuji
- 2 cups milk chocolate melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melted
- 1 cup caramel (melt according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup pretzels
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup M&M candies
SLICE apples into 4 pieces (about 1/2 inch slices). Discard any seeds. Using a paring knife, make a small slit in the bottom of each slice. Insert sticks (popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks work too).
PAT apple slices dry. Let sit on a paper towel or clean tea towel to wick up extra moisture.
MELT chocolates and caramel according to package directions.
ASSEMBLE toppings to allow for quick work.
DIP apple slices into milk chocolate. DRIZZLE with caramel and white chocolate.
ADD trail mix toppings. Set caramel apple slices on parchment paper until chocolate is firm. Serve the same day.
These apple slices are best served the same day they are made. STORE Caramel Apple Slices in the refrigerator! No one wants listeria growing on their fruit! Sliced apples need to be stored in the refrigerator if you do not serve them within a few hours.
- Tart, firm apples work best.
- You can use clean sticks or purchase plastic, lollipop, or popsicle sticks.
- Be sure to pat apple slices dry before dipping. This will help to avoid apple juice weeping through the chocolate shell (making it soggy).
- Use melting chocolate discs for the best results. Because the chocolate is tempered, there will be no need to add oil or shortening to make the chocolate smooth when melted.
- Switch up the trail mix toppings to your favorites! In addition to the above, we suggest dried fruit (craisins, pineapple, sour cherries, etc.), nuts and seeds (pepitas, sunflower seeds), small chocolates, toffee bits, and shredded coconut.
Calories: 242kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 59mgFiber: 3gSugar: 27g