Mint Oreo Cake Truffles
Yield: 30 -40 truffles
Make these Mint Oreo Truffles with chocolate cake and cream cheese for a simple sweet treat- perfect for gifting and holiday class parties.
- 1 package Mint Oreos Double Stuffed
- ½ of 9x13 prepared chocolate cake cooled and crumbled (or one 9 inch round)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz 2 Cups melted chocolate for dipping (+ 1TBS shortening if needed)
- Sprinkles extra chocolate for decorations if desired
Bake cake according to package directions and allow to cool. I made mine the day before.
Crush or use a food processor to pulverize Oreos. Make them as fine or coarse as you’d like it. I did about half very fine and half to small bits.
Using your hands or fork crumble up about half of the cake and add to the Oreo crumbs.
Add the softened cream cheese and mix until combined. If your mixture is too wet add more cake crumbs until you get a consistency that you can roll into balls.
Roll into bite-sized balls. Set them in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate.
Melt chocolate and add up to 1 TBS shortening if needed (shortening will help thin chocolate out).
Dip your Oreo cake balls into the chocolate and let the excess drip off. Set on parchment or wax paper to dry. Add sprinkles right away if desired.