Butterscotch Haystack Cookies
Traditional butterscotch Haystack Cookies made with corn cereal and crunchy chow mein noodles get a Fall glow-up with leaf sprinkles.
- 1 Cup butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 Cup cinnamon morsels or peanut butter morsels
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 2 Cups Corn Flakes cereal or Frosted Flakes
- 1/2 Cup crunchy chow mein noodles coarsely broken
- sprinkles leaf shaped optional
In a small, microwave safe bowl combine butterscotch morsels, cinnamon morsels, and shortening. Heat through until melted (first for 60 seconds then tapering to 30 second increments until combined).
In a separate bowl combine cereal and broken up chow mein noodles. Pour butterscotch mixture over and stir. Drop by heaping tablespoons. Add sprinkles if desired. Once firm store in airtight container up to 1 week.