Vanilla Bean Frosting
Yield: 4 Cups
Fluffy vanilla bean frosting and vanilla syrup- sometimes simple is best.
- For the Frosting:
- 1 cup salted butter at room temperature
- 2 vanilla beans scraped
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Syrup:
- 2 Tablespoons clear vanilla syrup or extract
- 1 drop each red and blue food coloring
For the Frosting:
Cream the butter until light and pale (about 5 minutes).
Add remaining ingredients and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
For the Syrup:
In 2 small bowl combine vanilla extract or syrup with food coloring
Drizzle over cupcakes.