Toffee Noel Nut Balls
Yield: 3 dozen
Toffee Noel Nut Balls (Mexican wedding cookies) made extraordinary by adding chopped Heath bars to the batter. A new twist on a classic holiday recipe.
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 6 ounces of Heath bars finely chopped (to about half the size of a standard chocolate chip)
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling cookies
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line baking pans with parchment and set aside.
Cream butter, then add sugar, vanilla and water. Mix again. Stir flour and salt into mixture. Add pecans and toffee bits and mix thoroughly.
Form tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Bake for 18-20 minutes or till lightly browned.
Roll in powdered sugar while warm.