Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
GUEST POST: Christmas Magic Cookie Bars from Love From the Oven
Hi there, I’m Christi and you can usually find me over at my blog, Love From The Oven. I am so happy to be back again for a second year here at In Katrina’s Kitchen “I’ll Bring The Cookies” event. I love Katrina and her blog. Katrina and I both started our blogs at the same time, I think down to the same week, so it’s been fun to watch our blogs grow together.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite treats- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
I used Nestle’s Holiday Baking Chips and some Christmas M&M’s, but use whatever you have or what sounds good to you. I also added in some red, green and white sprinkles for extra color and because sprinkles make everything sweeter.
All of your ingredients go into the pan and then you just pop it in the oven. So simple.
In addition to the amazing taste, I love that these bar cookies are so flexible. Whatever baking chips and bits you have in your pantry, you can use them up in these Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
I hope you enjoy this colorful spin on a classic dessert favorite.
Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup
- One 14 oz Can Of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup Holiday or regular chocolate chips, divided into 1/2 cup portions
- 1 cup chopped nuts, I prefer walnuts
- 1 cup Holiday or regular M&M's, divided into 1/2 cup portions
- 1 & 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Unwrap butter and place in 13" x 9" pan. Place pan, with butter, in the oven and turn the oven on to 350*F. Butter can melt in pan while preheating. Keep an eye on it, checking every few minutes and pulling out of the oven when butter is melted. Please be careful while preparing recipe as pan will be very hot.
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor to create graham cracker crumbs (or buy crumbs).
- When butter is melted, remove pan from oven and carefully sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter. Press in lightly with fork or back of spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crumb layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chips, 1/2 of the M&M's & the nuts over the sweetened condensed milk layer. Sprinkle coconut on top, followed by remaining chocolate chips & M&M's.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Allow bars to cool completely. Slice, give and enjoy!
Thank you so much to Katrina for inviting me to join in on the cookie party again this year. She is awesome and I hope you enjoy all of the amazing cookie recipes in I’ll Bring The Cookies!
As Christi said we are bloggy buddies and in this thing together. ♥ It’s been fun to share the adventure. She is the queen of all things PEEPS (yes- the marshmallows!) and I hope you check out her blog if you’re not already familiar. It’s a bright and cheery place that is sure to make you smile.
Thanks for bringing the cookies, Christi!