Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
It’s finally hot up in here. Well, maybe I’m just telling myself that in order to justify eating 3 of these last Monday. I can tell you right now that this post is going to get me in trouble. My husband is a man who likes his Oreos and his ice cream…and well, he didn’t get any of these. In fact he doesn’t even know that I made them. Shh! They are gone now, so let’s just keep this between us, okay?
To be fair I bought the package of cookies and told him to save me some. He saved me 4 Oreos. Four. What can you even do with four Oreos? Maybe you can use them as currency in your cookie daydream world. I’m pretty sure I ate one and my kids went super secret stealth ninja on me and consumed the other three while I was making their very healthy lunches. I bought another pack and hid them in the freezer. GENIUS! I keep vegetables in there, and raw meat, and things that require actual food prep. No way the Mr. was looking in there. One evening while my husband was at work my parents and brothers stopped by for dinner and this little gem of an idea came to me as I was grabbing the turkey burgers out of the freezer.
I used Double Stuf Oreos (duh) because I still think that we all need to agree to stop purchasing the original ones. I will write the directions out for these ice cream sandwiches because I will get emails if I don’t, but you can figure this out, right? Have fun with them and treat yourself to one this afternoon!
PS: Does it bother anyone else that “Double Stuf” is only spelled with one f?
PSS: It bothers me.
PSSS: I know this isn’t rocket science. I promise that my next recipe with have measurements, mixing, stirring, and all that jazz. Happy eating!
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Yield: 18 cookeis15 minutes 1 hour
Ice cream sandwiched between Oreos make for a fast and impressive dessert
- 1 package Double Stuf Oreos
- 1/2 gallon ice cream (any kind)
- Let your ice cream warm up for 10 minutes on your countertop.
- Twist open the Oreos. Spoon a small scoop of ice cream onto each cookie and reattach the tops. Place in the freezer at least 1 hour until firm.
- These are perfect for little hands. My toddler loved having a whole dessert to himself.
- Placing the sandwiches back in the freezer for an hour or more keeps the ice cream from oozing out as you take a bite, but feel free to scoop and enjoy right away too.