Monster Mash Popcorn Mix
I have an enthusiastic Four Year Old Foodie. Since he is always putting up with my boring measuring and stirring I thought it would be fun to get a little crazy in the kitchen. So we popped a bunch of popcorn using the homemade microwave method, drizzled it with chocolate, and threw in bunches of candy corn, Reese’s Puffs cereal, and these funky eyeball candies.
I usually save my chocolate popcorn for Christmastime when we have an excess of chocolate leftover from dipping buckeyes. But how could I say no to my little guy when he first saw these candy eyeballs? I waited for my 40% off coupon and nabbed a pack as soon as I could.
Our family enjoyed munching on this Monster Mash. However the longer that I stared at these photos the more I started to see chickens. Do you see chickens? Have I mentioned that I’m weird? Anyway, Monster Mash Popcorn Mix or Funky Chicken Popcorn Mix- you decide. I’m going back for seconds.
Monster Mash Popcorn Mix Recipe
Yield: 5 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
A sweet, Halloween-themed popcorn mix with candy eyeballs
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1/4 cup orange chocolate
- 1/4 cup yellow chocolate
- 1 cup Reese's Puffs cereal
- 1/4 cup candy corn
- candy eyes
- Pop corn, separate out all of the unpopped kernels.
- Mix popcorn with cereal and candies.
- Spread out the popcorn mix over baking sheets or parchment and drizzle with chocolate.
- Sprinkle with more cereal and candy if desired.
- The colored chocolate and candy eyes are from Wilton. I purchased mine at JoAnne's.