Cinnamon Toast S’mores Bars
In my previous post I told you all about how my husband was under doctors’ orders to take it easy for the weekend. I kept his belly full in order to keep his mind off of the fact that he would rather be outside racking up some cycling miles.
Well, last week
gained… 5 pounds.
Yes my dear, supportive husband ate a whole pan of these (minus 4 that I took to a friend’s house, and 1 that our son snagged). Besides using food to prevent cabin fever he also apparently takes his job as taste-tester very seriously.
I used Frosted Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal because I like to beat my willpower into submission. Since I was failing miserably on that front I did what I do best- turned it into something more decadent and forced it on other people. Feel free to use regular Cinnamon Toast Crunch or even Golden Grahams cereal- yum! I found the itty bitty marshmallows at Target- you can see them in all their adorable glory in my Sugarlicious post.
Cinnamon Toast S'mores Bars Recipe
Yield: 24 pieces15 minutes 1 hour
Cereal bars made with marshmallows, chocolate, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 5 Cups Frosted Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- ¼ Cup butter
- 1 (7oz) jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- ½ Cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ Cup mini Mallow Bits
- Extra chocolate chips and marshmallows for sprinkling
- In a large pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallow and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat. Pour in the cereal and mix until coated evenly.
- Add chocolate chips and marshmallow bits, stir just to incorporate.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 dish. Using a piece of wax paper or buttered hands press down firmly.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. Let cool until firm, and cut to serve.
- I used Frosted Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal but you could use regular Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal or Golden Grahams cereal.
- Substitute a 10oz bag of marshmallow for the marshmallow fluff- whatever you have on hand or is cheaper that week at the store.