White Wine Swiss Fondue
Classic Swiss fondue recipe made with white wine and a combinations of Swiss and Gruyère cheese. It’s so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it sooner!
Have you made Swiss fondue at home? It may sound like a fancy recipe but it is not hard to conquer. If you love cheese then you will certainly love this classic method of bringing simple ingredients together for a delicious start to your meal. Did you know that Ohio is the number 1 producer of Swiss Cheese in the United States? If you haven’t had Ohio Swiss cheese you just simply must!
- Fondue is more of a method than a recipe. Generally the amount of liquid required for a cheese fondue recipe will be equal to half the amount of cheese.
- When melting the cheese in the pot use a figure 8 pattern to ensure even melting.
- A dry white wine is best, but use a wine that you personally like to drink and enjoy the taste of.
- Offer guests multiple varieties of bread including a soft country bread (cubed or torn into bite-sized pieces) as well as a crusty whole grain variety.
- Apple slices and fresh vegetables would also be delicious for dipping!
I will be serving this dip at the BlogHer Food Conference in Miami later this week (don’t I have the best job in the world?!) and I hope that you stop by the American Dairy Association Booth #20 to sample it! There will be so much going on there that you won’t want to miss it:
- First, bloggers can drop their business cards throughout the two-day conference in a bowl to enter to win an iPad Mini. A winner will be chosen at the close of the conference on Saturday and then the prize will be shipped to them directly.
- Second, ADA will be hosting an Instagram photo contest at the booth. Take your photo with Daisy the cow (she’s adorable!), tag @OhioDairyFarmers on Instagram and use the hashtag #DaisyDoesMiami to be entered to win an ice cream maker—also to be given away at the end of the conference and shipped to the winner.
I’m also sharing the recipe for this White Wine Swiss Fondue over at the Drink Milk Blog today as part of an ongoing partnership. I’ve worked with the American Dairy Association Mideast many times in the past, and I’m happy to partner with them again. So hop on over to grab the White Wine Swiss Fondue recipe.
Stop by and see me at the sponsor reception Friday night- I can’t wait to meet so many of you! Along with Swiss cheese samples and flavored milk you will be able to enjoy these delicious snacks at the ADA Booth #20: