BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014

BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014 recap- the food, the friends, the fun!

Let’s start with the food.

BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014 Food

This being my first BlogHer Food Conference I was thankful to have friends whisk me around the city to experience some of the flavors of Miami. From the Low and Slow Chicken Salad and Bourbon Blackberry Lemonade at Yardbird, to cupcakes, sundaes, and Cuban sandwiches with Jenny and Amanda, every meal was an adventure. There were plenty of posh dinners and parties as well of course.

The Friends

BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014 Friends

I was sitting at a table with a PR rep who mostly had only spent time with bloggers overseas. He commented to me about how unusual it was that we all enjoy one another and share freely. He was impressed that we are willing to help one another get ahead. I know I’ve said this before, but I never thought I would have made such good friends with people that I’ve only ever “met” online. The best part is when we get together (some of us even meeting for the first time) it’s like we’re old friends because we have so many shared experiences.

The Fun

BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014 McCormick Event

So much of the weekend was spent soaking up every last bit of sunshine I could take with me back to Ohio. Miami was simply stunning. I grabbed this shot at a delicious and informative McCormick event hosted at the breathtaking Mondrian South Beach Hotel.

BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014 Dairy

Thank you the The American Dairy Association Mideast for sending me to Miami. I was honored to serve my White Wine Swiss Fondue and Blueberry Lemonade Fruit Dip to my peers at the conference (it was even better that the hotel staff prepared it and took care of the dishes!).  June is National Dairy Month so I’ll be sure to have some more delicious dairy recipes for you as I continue to partner with my friends at the ADA Mideast.

BlogHer Food Conference 2014 leaving Miami

Miami was amazing, but I’m happy to be home again in my house full of boys. In between all of the food and fun I managed to learn lots of great blogging tips at sessions about working with brands, monetization, Pinterest best practices, creative food writing, kitchen demos, and many more.

17 Responses to “BlogHer Food Conference Miami 2014”

Allie | Baking a Moment — May 26, 2014 at 10:13 am

Love your recap, Katrina! Some of those pics are just so amazing! It’s cool to see that we had such different experiences (I attended different parties) but other ways it was so similar. I loved being able to connect in person with so many blogger friends I’ve gotten to know and admire, yourself included!

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent — May 26, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — May 26, 2014 at 5:08 pm

SUCH FUN!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 26, 2014 at 9:47 pm

This is such an awesome recap!!

Olivia — May 27, 2014 at 12:14 am

Looks like you had so much fun. I love your recap and your pictures also ;-)

Anna-Marie @BeautyandtheBeets — May 27, 2014 at 6:30 am

I missed the fondue? Boo!!! I can’t wait until next year- I feel like I met so many people but I also missed meeting lots of people like yourself! Next year!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 27, 2014 at 8:00 am

Of course you had to go and put those cupcakes front and center for me to spot first thing in the morning. Darn you! ;) Looks like you had an amazing time!

Jen @ Savory Simple — May 27, 2014 at 8:01 am

I’m so glad we got to hang out!

Cassie — May 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

SO SO SO good to see you again, my friend! xoxo

Sheila — May 27, 2014 at 12:22 pm

It was so fun to hang with you again! Super yummy recap!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 27, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Loved being your roommate, so much fun!!! Hope we get to do it again next year!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — May 27, 2014 at 3:29 pm

It was so great seeing you again my sweet friend!

a — May 27, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Superb blog! Do yoou have aany hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my owwn blog soon but I’m a little lolst on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform
    like WordPress oor go for a paid option? There are
    so many choices out there that I’m totally confused ..
    Any recommendations? Many thanks!

Carey Fletcher — May 29, 2014 at 9:22 pm

First time to your blog. You’ve got some amazing pictures here. I’ve never had a desire to go to Miami, but I may have to add it to my list.

Can I ask what the rug in front of the pool was used for? I’d think it be ruined with all the wet feet walking on it.

• Katrina Bahl — June 7th, 2014 @ 4:18 am

I’m not sure about the rug! Probably just for lounging? It’s the Mondrian hotel that is linked in the post. You might have better luck poking around their site? Definitely put it on your must-visit list!

Deborah — June 1, 2014 at 10:13 am

It was so great to finally meet you in person! I hope our paths cross again sooner than later!

• Katrina Bahl — June 7th, 2014 @ 4:13 am

It was great to meet you too!