Top 10 Recipes of 2013

Taking a look back at the most viewed recipes of 2013

Top 10 recipes of 2013 In Katrina's Kitchen

Wow- 2013 you were a delicious year! Before we take a look at the most viewed recipes of 2013 let me just take a moment to say thank you. Thanks for reading my silly stories and laughing with me. Thank you for celebrating my joys and helping me through the tough times. This year was certainly one of highs and lows. You all followed along my journey as I trained for and completed my first half marathon. Wow. That was amazing. And you even hung around when I got very very sick and spent the better part of 3 months in and out of the hospital. Through months and months of surgery and recovery I had many many people send me encouraging emails, write delicious guest posts, and send me care packages that made me cry like a baby.

Alright- let’s take a look behind the apron!

Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Cupcakes #Recipe | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

10. I LOVED these Fruit and Yogurt Cupcakes! I think it was my most favorite thing I photographed for the blog this year.

Smores Cereal Treats for Two {#recipe serves 2 people} | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

9. These S’mores Cereal Treats for 2 were an afterthought. I made a big pan of these treats to send to a bake sale, but when I saw the defeated little looks I was getting from my little boys because they couldn’t sample the goods I just had to throw together another batch.

Cherry Limeade Fruit Dip Recipe at www.inkatrinaskitchen.com The perfectly sweet and tart dip for summer. Try it with fruit, graham crackers, or pretzel sticks!

8. I am addicted to the tart and sweet flavor combination of cherry and lime together so this Cherry Limeade Fruit Dip hit the spot for me this summer. I sent it to work with my mom and they gobbled it up too so I thought it was delicious enough to share with you!

This sweet peppermint simple syrup gets its flavor from candy canes. Forget spending all your money on expensive coffee syrups. It's also perfect for holiday giving!

7. My husband just gave me the funniest looks when he saw me standing over a bowl of broken candy canes and water as I made this Candy Cane Simple Syrup. My love of flavored coffee runs deep so this did not disappoint.

Kool Aid Yogurt Pops www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

6. I made A LOT of popsicles this summer. I’m so glad that you all loved these Kool-Aid Yogurt Pops as much as I did! A nod to my favorite summertime treat as a kid, I added Greek yogurt to these pops to bump up the protein. Yum!

Patriotic Frozen Smoothie Recipe In Katrina's Kitchen

5. I almost didn’t post these Frozen Triple Berry Smoothies! I whipped these up one morning for my sons and a few of their friends coming over. Ten minutes before my house was being torn apart by 5 boys I decided to snap a few shots of these smoothies. I’m so glad I did too because I just think they are gorgeous.

Candy Cane Steamers Recipe - Hot frothy milk whipped up with a special homemade candy cane syrup.

4. Wow- you guys LOVED these Candy Cane Steamers! Hot frothy milk steamed to perfection and flavored with candy canes- what’s not to love?! My kids devoured the pink one right after I took the last shot, while I enjoyed the mocha one and avoided wrapping Christmas presents.

Cake Mix Grinch Cookies

3. Okay this one surprised me. Posted only 10 days ago these Grinch Cookies flew up to third place of my Top 10 recipes for the whole year! They are cute and delicious…I made them 3 times in 10 days. The Grinch movie is one of my favorites every Christmas. I don’t know if it’s the hand-holding and singing, the sweet voice of little Cindy Lou Who, or Grinch’s heart being 2 sizes too small but it just gets me teary-eyed every time.

Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

2. What can I say? I have little boys who love to play video games, and this is one I can play with them and somewhat understand what’s going on. These Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies were fun to make and eat. I think I loved the pretty sprinkle-fied peanut butter cups and kisses even more though.

Recipe to make your own Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup! It only takes pennies to make and you will have delicious coffee all season long. @KatrinasKitchen

1. Little did I know the day that I posted this amazing Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup that I would be going into the hospital later that morning. So began my journey that took me on a very painful path for the remainder of 2013. Unfortunately this story is not over. I will again be meeting with my doctors early next week. As we enter 2014 I am hoping for some answers and some relief.

I would love to publicly thank my good friend Christi who blogs at Love From the Oven. Although Christi and I have never met her friendship is so dear to me. You know all those months that I was sick- well SHE kept this little blog going by setting up guest posts, formatting them, publishing them, and promoting them. All the while she was running her own life and blog. Oh- and writing her first cookbook. (Yes she’s pretty much Super Woman.)

Finally, the social media favorite of the year was this recipe for my family’s Best Sugar Cookie. Thank you for making it your family’s favorite too! ♥

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe

Cheers to 2014!

Top 10 recipes of 2013 In Katrina's Kitchen

23 Responses to “Top 10 Recipes of 2013”

Carla — December 31, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Lots of great sweets! Those Grinch Cookies were repinned a lot when I pinned them (or at least a lot considering my average repins haha) Happy New Year, Katrina!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

Thanks Carla! Yeah those really took off for some reason. I won’t complain- they’re cute and delicious :) Happy New Year!!

Christi @ Love From The Oven — January 1, 2014 at 10:24 am

I’m so glad you are ending the year on the mend. I can’t get over how beautiful your photography is, truly stunning. Here is to a super sweet 2014 and that we will make that mid-country meet up happen! :)

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:10 pm

Seriously girl! 2013 would’ve been so much worse without your help. Thank you for everything. Your friendship means so much. And thanks for the photography shout out… I still feel SO unconfident with my camera! Fake it till you make it, baby!

TidyMom — January 1, 2014 at 3:43 pm

what a fun and delicious year Katrina!! I’m so happy your getting well! Can’t wait to see what you do in 2014! Happy New Year!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:08 pm

Thanks, Cheryl! Happy New Year to you and your family as well! ♥

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — January 1, 2014 at 5:22 pm

So many great recipes in 2013! So glad you are on the mend, and we will hopefully get to spend some time together in 2014!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:07 pm

Thank you! I hope so too, Erin. Seriously you were so good to me this year. I appreciate your friendship and support while I went through such a difficult time.

Samantha — January 1, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I love the candy crush color bombs! Very cute! Here’s to a great 2014!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:06 pm

Thanks! Those were fun to make and eat :) Happy New Year!!

Crystal H. — January 1, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Loved all these recipes. Some I vicariously enjoyed through others! So glad you are getting better! I know amazing things are in store for you and your family! So excited to see what amazing recipes come in 2014. Keep inspiring Katrina!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

Thanks for always stopping by, Crystal :) Happy New Year!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — January 1, 2014 at 9:57 pm

What a great roundup, Katrina! I remember each and every one of these posts and appreciate your distinctive style with simple but scrumptious recipes. No wonder they are your best from 2013! Warmest wishes to you and yours for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! xo

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

Thanks Stacy! You are so encouraging. Happy New Year to you too!!

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent — January 2, 2014 at 6:05 am

I made your candy cane dip at the start of our holiday break. My husband gave me a similar you are crazy look…. but then he tried it and fell in love with it. We had it everyday with our coffee. Now its gone and I need to get some more candy canes to make another batch.

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

I love the odd looks! The bigger the surprise the better :)

Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen — January 2, 2014 at 11:33 am

What a great lineup Katrina! Everything looks so good!! I love the grinch cookies…so cute! Hope you have a great new year!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:01 pm

Thanks so much Christina! They are kind of ugly until you get the grinch part about them :)

Carolyn — January 2, 2014 at 11:39 am

I’ve been eyeing your pumpkin spice syrup for a while now, trying to figure out if I can make it low carb!

• Katrina Bahl — January 2nd, 2014 @ 7:00 pm

I know you can!! Thanks Carolyn.

Toni | Boulder Locavore — January 3, 2014 at 12:40 am

You never disappoint Katrina! Everything you make is always so fun and doggone delicious! Your blog is a happy, happy place. On a more serious note I did not realize you had been sick for so long. I’d seen your hospital photo but it sounds that things really went on. I’m so sorry and hoping both that you are fully healed and that 2014 will be a banner year for you.

Katie — January 3, 2014 at 7:13 am

What a sweet year with sweet treats. Hoping 2014 brings you better health my friend!

Ashley Bee @ Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine — January 6, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Congrats on a great year! I looove your photos and recipes :)