These Cake Mix Grinch Cookies are so easy and festive they’ll be sure to put you in the holiday mood!
Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot,
But the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not.
The Grinch hated Christmas — the whole Christmas season.
Oh, please don’t ask why, no one quite knows the reason.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before:
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store–
Maybe Christmas–perhaps–means a little bit more.”
And what happened then–well, in Whoville they say
That the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.
And then the true meaning of Christmas came through,
And the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches–plus two.
And now that his heart didn’t feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light.
With a smile in his soul, he descended Mount Crumpet,
Cheerily blowing Who! Who! on his trumpet.
Welcome, Christmas, while we stand
Heart to heart,… and hand in hand.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
These Cake Mix Grinch Cookies are so easy and festive they'll be sure to put you in the holiday mood!
1 box french vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
green food coloring, 1 drop
Confectioners (powdered) sugar for dusting
Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
- Bake for 8 minutes until just set.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- My son's class had a Grinch party at school and we whipped up these cookies in no time. For a Grinchy treat that comes together even more quickly you can pop a bag of popcorn and drizzle it with green chocolate candy melts. Sprinkle it with with heart candy sprinkles and let cool completely before enjoying.
Original recipe and images © In Katrina's Kitchen
Merry Christmas, friends! ♥
Products used in this post:
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in recipes. If you purchase an item from Amazon from the link In Katrina’s Kitchen receives a small commission. Thanks!