Chocolate Macadamia Bars
A layer of chocolate fudge on top of a nutty macadamia cookie dough base – These macadamia bars are an irresistible holiday treat! GUEST POST by Roxana’s Home Baking
Hi everyone! My name is Roxana and I’m the baker, wanna be writer and photographer and full time kitchen cleaning lady behind Roxana’s Home Baking. On my blog I share original and adapted recipes and my mission is to show readers that baking from scratch can be simple and uncomplicated. Most of my recipes rely on easy techniques and everyday ingredients that even the novice home cook can use.
I’m so happy to be invited this year to bring cookies, here on Katrina’s beautiful blog. Technically, I did not bring cookies, but I brought you something better – chocolate macadamia bars!
One of my favorite treats around the Christmas holiday are macadamia cookies. I love nutty cookies year round, but there’s something about macadamia nuts and Christmas. Just like peppermint or gingerbread. It may have something to do with the price for macadamia nuts that I consider them just a seasonal treat, but let’s not discuss about that right now. Let’s enjoy ourselves eating these cookies bars, drinking some cold milk and writing letters to Santa.
Chocolate and macadamia nuts are found a lot of time in baked goods. Most of the time white chocolate is used but I prefer the dark one, the real chocolate!
These bars are super simple to put together. Basically you’ll need just 5 ingredients : cookie dough, macadamia nuts, all purpose flour, condensed milk and chocolate chips – that’s all!
Let’s get baking, shall we?
Chocolate Macadamia Bars
Yield: 32 bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 3 hours
A layer of chocolate fudge on top of a nutty macadamia cookie dough base - These macadamia bars are an irresistible holiday treat!
- 1 cup (finely) chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 package (16.5 oz) refrigerated macadamia cookie dough
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips
- 1 cup halved macadamia nuts
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl break the cookie dough and mix it with the chopped macadamia nuts and all purpose flour. With you fingers press the cookie dough evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan pour the condensed milk and the chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the cookie dough crust from the oven without turning the oven off and pour the melted chocolate over it.
- Sprinkle the halved macadamia nuts over it, gently pressing them in.
- Return to the oven and bake for further 23-25 minutes or until the edges begins to crack.
- Cool completely, for at least 1 hour, before cutting into bars.
GUEST POST: Recipe by Roxana's Home Baking
Thank you Katrina for allowing me to share the recipe for these chocolate macadamia bars on your blog.
This post is part of our Third Annual I’ll Bring the COOKIES Virtual Blogger Cookie Swap. Be sure to check back here every day in December leading up to Christmas where some of the best bloggers will be sharing their favorite cookie recipe! You can also follow along Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ with the hashtag #BringtheCOOKIES. Thank you to OXO for being our exclusive #BringtheCOOKIES sponsor. Be sure to visit Roxana’s blog, Roxana’s Home Baking to enter a sweet OXO Baking Prize Pack.