Arrested Development Banana Stand Smoothies

A smoothie recipe inspired by the iconic Arrested Development Banana Stand. It’s delicious and has a secret ingredient that makes it fabulous.
Banana Stand Smoothie Recipe inspired by Arrested Development

THERE’S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!

You need a few Arrested Development Banana Stand Smoothies in your life (they have a secret ingredient that makes them extra delicious!). Are you a fan? It’s truly one of the only shows that I enjoy watching the reruns again and again. The many hidden, recurring Arrested Development jokes and foreshadows to what is coming up makes watching past seasons even more funny the second and third time around!

A group of us {Operation Hot Ham Water} got together and planned out a Premier Party menu that you don’t want to miss. Keep reading to the end of the post for links to all of the delicious and silly dishes. There are actually 4 Bluth Frozen Bananas and at least 1 (maybe more) unofficial banana called the G.O.B. if you watch closely.  I would say the prices are reasonable

• Small ($1.65)
  • Medium ($1.85)
  • Large ($2.50)

And “Ten cents gets you nuts.” ~ George Michael (from The Pilot)

Banana Smoothie recipe- It's delicious and has a secret ingredient that makes it fabulous.

My Banana Stand Smoothie is based on the On The Go-Go Banana.

• The Original Frozen Banana — Frozen banana dipped in hot fudge and covered with fresh nuts
  • The George Daddy — Frozen dipped bananas sandwiched between chocolate grahams
  • The On the Go-Go Banana — Frozen banana in a cup of sizzling hot fudge
  • The Giddy-Girly Banana — Frozen banana dipped in hot fudge and covered with our pink heart candy
  • The G.O.B. — Frozen banana double dipped in chocolate with double the nuts (as seen on “Charity Drive”)

If you don’t have time to prepare smoothies you could always serve juice. Parties with unlimited juice boxes are off the hook.

Keep Calm and Drink Juice www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

Arrested Development Premier Blog Party

Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts-  Blue Vodka Lemonade

Texanerin Baking- 100% Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches

In Katrina’s Kitchen- Banana Stand Smoothies

Gimme Some Oven- Salted Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites

Stetted- Afternoon Delight

The Realistic Nutritionist- Bluth Frozen Banana

Nutmeg Nanny- Banana Donuts & Homemade Soda

Foodie with Family- Vodka and Toast

Emily Bites- Corn Balls

Dishes that did not make the cut-offs:

Bone Stew

Pop-Pop Corn

Hard Boiled Eggs

MayonEggs

Candy Beans

Skip’s Scramble

Banana Stand Smoothie Recipe inspired by Arrested Development. There's always money in the banana stand.

I would suggest you try the brown sugar in this smoothie. Bananas are surely sweet enough but the brown sugar in the background gives it a nice flavor bump.

Arrested Development Banana Stand Smoothies

Yield: 2 servings

Prep Time: 10 min

Total Time: 15 min

A creamy banana smoothie recipe sweetened with hot fudge and brown sugar

• 3 bananas, fresh or frozen
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3/4 Cup milk
  • 3-4 ice cubes
  • 2-3 Tablespoons hot fudge sauce, purchased or prepared

1. Place bananas, brown sugar, milk, and ice into a blender and pulse until smooth.
  2. Pour into glasses and top with hot fudge sauce.

26 Responses to “Arrested Development Banana Stand Smoothies”

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — May 24, 2013 at 6:28 am

Oh my gosh. Katrina! That poster. I was giggling at the juice party thing and then scrolled down and… yeah. You’re awesome! :D

And I love how you sweetened these with hot fudge. That sounds so much better than the way I try to do things.

I honestly feel like Buster right now. In that episode with the red corn syrup blood. JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUICE!!!!!!!!!

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 8:13 am

Buster’s obsession with juice is my favorite recurring theme :)

hani@haniela's — May 24, 2013 at 6:38 am

Yum, I actually make something similar but I add honey, haven’t tried fudge but it makes so much sense to add something chocolaty, Thanks for sharing

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 8:14 am

I usually add honey but I changed it up with brown sugar and chocolate. Mmm!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 24, 2013 at 7:15 am

Such a fun party!! Love this recipe too :)

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — May 24, 2013 at 7:50 am

I couldn’t love your post more if I tried.

“There’s juice??? This party is going to be off the hook!”

Emily Bites — May 24, 2013 at 8:48 am

These look amazing! I can’t wait to serve these alongside some steaming hot ham water on Sunday ;)

Audra | The Baker Chick — May 24, 2013 at 9:00 am

Ha I LOVE this! I can’t wait to check out the other recipes. I love that Arrested Development is back!!!

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 11:41 am

It was a funny group for sure- we laughed a lot as we put the party together.

Kim 2S4O — May 24, 2013 at 9:04 am

I love the idea for an Arrested Development party! Wish I could do one but haven’t planned ahead :/
    I’ll definitely be checking out the other blogger posts about this for those recipes and will give the Banana Stand smoothie a try! Does it matter what kind of milk you use? I’ve been using unsweetened vanilla almond milk in mine lately.

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 11:42 am

I’m sure it doesn’t matter. I used 2% because that’s what I had on hand. But I’ve made smoothies with almond milk before and it’s just as delicious!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — May 24, 2013 at 10:43 am

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA! I cannot WAIT for the premiere and have been catching up feverishly via Netflix to brush up on all my little jokes. I’m afraid I just blue myself.

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 11:43 am

We have been watching past seasons too. We’ll finish just in time for Sunday! woot!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 24, 2013 at 11:19 am

LOVE this! The money in the picture just makes it. And juice boxes instead – hilarious! I wish we could all get together and watch the show together!

• Katrina Bahl — May 24th, 2013 @ 11:44 am

I saw the chocolate money at World Market and had to snatch it up!

nessa — May 24, 2013 at 11:38 am

Too funny!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — May 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Cannot wait for the premiere! And this smoothie looks like my kind of smoothie! So fabulous :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — May 27, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I’M SO HAPPY ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS BACK!

I love this smoothie, so creative and so good!

• Katrina Bahl — May 29th, 2013 @ 11:29 am

Thanks Kayle! We’ve only watched a few here- trying to spread them out a bit :)

Samantha — May 28, 2013 at 9:18 am

I love the touch of chocolate money in the photo. So. Good.

• Katrina Bahl — May 29th, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Thanks! I actually took a whole round of pictures without one of the chocolates being unwrapped and it just looked weird. I was thinking no one is even going to realize that this is candy money. {Unwrap it- duh!}

Sweetsugarbelle — May 29, 2013 at 9:37 am

I coulda drink my smoothie while reading this! I’d have shot it out my nose!!!!

• Katrina Bahl — May 29th, 2013 @ 11:30 am

Ha! Well it’s nice to know that my odd sense of humor and sarcasm was not lost on everyone.

Jennie @themessybakerblog — May 29, 2013 at 9:00 pm

This is one seriously delicious looking smoothie. Yum!

• Katrina Bahl — May 31st, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

Thanks Jennie! It was delicious- we enjoyed it 2 days in a row.