Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies

Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

I was tricked into playing Candy Crush Saga a few weeks ago. Tricked I tell you!

My 6 year old son hijacked my Facebook account and started playing the highly addictive new game that has over 14 million daily players coming back for more. I was okay with him playing since he has limited access to my account and the attention span of well, a 6 year old. He happily played for a few days until things started to get more difficult. That’s when he began asking Mom for help.

Oh my stars. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

The good news is that he has no concept that some people pay actual money to get ahead in this game and he’s okay if we are stuck on a level for a few days (or weeks *sigh*). His only goal is to stay ahead of Grandma. Yes, he has my mom playing too. And she’s creeping up on us.

Since I have candy on the brain ALL DAY LONG it was only natural to create the coveted Color Bomb Candy at home. If you haven’t play Candy Crush you need to know that this candy is the candy that you want. When you match 5 colors in a row you are awarded with this little gem that wipes out every candy color that you touch with it. Even my 3 year old is in awe of this Color Bomb. He insists on touching the screen if it comes up and says, “Ooooooooh!” when it blasts everything in its path.

Funfetti candies inspired by Candy Crush Saga | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

Since I was color bombing chocolates in my kitchen already I thought it would be a good idea to Funfetti-fy ALL THE THINGS. Are you not aware of my love of sprinkles yet? Of course the Reese’s peanut butter cups were my favorite.

Funfetti Peanut Butter Cups www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

Do you play Candy Crush or are you holding out?

And if you play will you please send me a life? I’m stuck.

Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 20 min

Chocolate dipped candies covered in sprinkles inspired by the popular Candy Crush Saga game.

• Whoppers Malt Ball candies
  • Chocolate, melted
  • Rainbow Non Pariels
  • Hershey Kisses or Reese's Cups (optional)

1. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl.
  2. Using a fork, dip Whoppers one at a time into the chocolate and let excess drip off. Set onto parchment paper and spoon sprinkles over candies.
  3. Let dry completely.
  4. Repeat with Hershey Kisses or Reese's Cups if desired.

45 Responses to “Candy Crush Color Bomb Candies”

Jen @ Savory Simple — April 29, 2013 at 8:10 am

These are gorgeous!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — April 29, 2013 at 8:14 am

These are simply fantastic! My husband and I were just talking about how I could make a blog post out of my Candy Crush obsession… LOVE this!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — April 29, 2013 at 8:16 am

Yay! Just Funfetti-fy it! Love it. I’m dreaming of Funfetti-fied Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups…NOM! xo

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 29, 2013 at 8:41 am

I have absolutely no idea what the game is and from the sounds of it, I should be glad. It’s completely hilarious grandma is playing too!! lol oh the things kids can convince their grandparents to do.

Nicola — April 29, 2013 at 8:48 am

These are just too cute! I’m also a fan of the sprinkles :-) I haven’t played Candy Crush yet but I get 10+ requests a day on FB…I’m resisting so far!

Jenn — April 29, 2013 at 9:19 am

These are adorable! Right now my husband and I are playing Candy Crush Saga, and also our six year old autistic son is. He is OBSESSED with acquiring the Color Bombs, and he loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Needless to say, they’re on the to-make list! Thank you for sharing them. :)

Kristen — April 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

Oh I refuse to go down that rabbit hold because I am the type who would never leave…
    But this candy? I’ll take – and be perfectly fine getting addicted to it :)

Tasha @ Thatssoyummy — April 29, 2013 at 9:29 am

These look fantastic… My kids would go nuts over them! :-)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — April 29, 2013 at 9:31 am

These are so fun! I’m not into Candy Crush but I’m definitely into this candy!

Rachel Cooks — April 29, 2013 at 9:34 am

I love you for this!

And for all the lives.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — April 29, 2013 at 9:48 am

ahahahaaaaaa this is hilarious-I love that your fb addiction (or not, whatever :P) lef to these candies!

Kate@Diethood — April 29, 2013 at 10:29 am

Oh my LAWD! You are a genius!!! These are freakin’ fantastic!

And I refuse to go near that game!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — April 29, 2013 at 10:58 am

Hahaha I love how you covered every candy in sight with them!

amanda @ fake ginger — April 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

bahaha! I was addicted for a couple weeks. Finally had to delete it off my phone so I could actually accomplish something else! These are adorable!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — April 29, 2013 at 12:44 pm

These are way cute, Katrina! Anything smothered in sprinkles is perfection :)

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — April 29, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oh man I am stuck on level 65! So mad that I have had to pay twice just to move up a level.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — April 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Ha I love it!!! My mom got me playing a couple weeks ago when I was visiting. Now I’m totally stuck (and refuse to pay). It’s a family game here though, we all work through the levels together. And I’m wanting these candies. CUTE.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — April 29, 2013 at 4:57 pm

These are so fun Katrina! Love the pb cups!

Sarah Kate @ Sarah Kate's Silver Linings — April 29, 2013 at 6:13 pm

So glad I stumble upon your blog! Your recipes look delicious. And BONUS: They are adorable, too!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 29, 2013 at 7:19 pm

sprinkles on top of chocolate candy. so simple and yet – amazing my friend.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — April 29, 2013 at 9:41 pm

These are adorable!

Shawn@ I Wash You Dry — April 30, 2013 at 12:12 am

I love this!! And darn that game for being so fun and addicting!! I got my whole family sucked into it now. Thanks for always sending me a life! :)

jean — April 30, 2013 at 1:21 am

Candy Crush is got me in it’s tight little grip. How do you get past level 86? I swear it’s impossible. I think I’ll make up a few dozen of these goodies as my reward for not cussing.

Cookin Canuck — April 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Yeah, Candy Crush has become a problem in my little world. Addicted, I tell you! I love your version of Candy Crush!

steph@stephsbitebybite — April 30, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Sprinkles and chocolate…SO dangerous!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — April 30, 2013 at 8:13 pm

How fun are these! The kids would have so much fun helping!

Carolyn — May 1, 2013 at 5:53 am

Uh oh, I just downloaded it for my kids on my iPad. I better not get into it myself, I have no time to get obsessed with a video game!!! Fun little treats. ;)

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Oh my gosh, these are adorable :) such a fun treat!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life — May 2, 2013 at 9:21 am

That game keeps coming up. I have held out because I don’t need more things to make me lose days, but I’m sure my kids would love this one. And sprinkles on candy…how fun is that! The pb cups are my favs too :-)

Majigurl @ theblognerds.com — May 2, 2013 at 9:21 pm

My kids would adore if I let them to this to our baked goods! This will have be a, very soon, weekend treat creating!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — May 6, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Mmm sprinkles plus chocolate is defo amaze balls. And this game you speak of- I am pulling all self control to not go play it now!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 7, 2013 at 12:37 am

Oh man, I just caught the candy crush bug this weekend. I can’t stop! How cruel is that they limit our lives?! So evil!!!

Leia — May 7, 2013 at 4:23 am

hey,

love the pic want to eat it now! My mum loves to play this crazy game as well.

please see my blog http://www.leiasbakingcorner.blogspot.com
    if you see and tell me yo did I will advertise your site on mine for people to see!!!!!

please see it

thanks

Jason — May 7, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Divine!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — May 13, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I have yet to get sucked into the “Candy Crush” nightmare. I’m going to try and keep it that way lol Love these candies tho!

kita — May 17, 2013 at 7:56 am

Im thinking energy shots while riding?

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik — May 17, 2013 at 3:25 pm

cuuute lol. I haven’t broke down and started playing, yet. haha.

• Katrina Bahl — May 21st, 2013 @ 9:36 am

Oh Sarah don’t!! Or do. And send us some extra lives. ;)

Tonja @ Bell On Heels — May 22, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Brilliant! I just wrote a blog about these devil candies ;)

Anna — July 17, 2013 at 8:41 am

Wow, found you when I googled candy crush 107, which I am stuck on… Such a great blog with lovely photos! Now I am going to follow you at bloglovin :) And maybe do the chocolate bombs ;)

• Katrina Bahl — July 17th, 2013 @ 9:33 am

Ha! That is so funny! I’m so glad you stopped by. I’m stuck somewhere in the 300s curently :) Have fun and thanks for following!

Anita L. Wallace — July 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I got a good laugh when I saw the Candy Crush Bombs, I’m going to make these for a party soon. Some of Family & Friends that will be there also play this game & I can’t wait to see their reaction to these Candy Bombs. I am on Level 147, & I haven’t paid for any Lives or extra Moves. The game is very addicting, I sometimes play it on my Laptop or Cell Phone. I also play another game on my phone it’s called JEWEL MANIA, this one is very addicting too, I am on Level 140 on it. I’m glad I came across this on Facebook. I will be making them.

Sue {munchkin munchies} — August 1, 2013 at 9:55 pm

How FUN! What a clever candy idea. You can never have too many sprinkles! I have never played candy crush and probably never will:)

Melissa — August 2, 2013 at 12:10 am

lol know feeling boos got me on to the game up to 92 but notice play 1 near 10 or 20 time then move on easy showup make these candys for my boss see notice it lol

Lisa Marie — August 2, 2013 at 12:25 am

Love them! Also got my friend excited to try them – fun for all even if you don’t play Candy Crush. Thanks for sharing!