2 Ingredient Truffles {Hot Chocolate Edition}

2 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Truffles from @KatrinasKitchen

Warning: These 2 ingredient truffles are the easiest truffles you’ll ever make. I promise you won’t even swear once while making them. They are NO FUSS, creamy, and perfect to dunk into hot milk to make hot chocolate. I know you don’t believe me, but why would I lie?

You know what I’m the worst at? Making truffles. I fail at them every time. You know what I don’t fail at? Making cheater truffles with 2 ingredients, then using said truffles to make a slammin hot chocolate. I kind of win at that.

2 Ingredient Hot chocolate Truffles - www.inkatrinaskitchen.com

I hope you think I’m a liar and you go make these for yourself just to see if they really are the creamiest little truffle bites that you ever did make. {They are.} I covered some in tiny marshmallow bits, while others took a jump in the powdered sugar pool or the hot chocolate pool. I can’t pick a favorite though so I guess you’re just going to have to make them and decide for yourself. Maybe I haven’t fully expressed how much I want you to try making these.

2 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Truffles from @KatrinasKitchen

And since you’ll be making these at home just to prove that I’m a liar you might as well heat up some milk and dunk your truffle in it. Give it a stir and watch those little 2 Ingredient Truffles turn your milk into delicious hot chocolate.

Yeah. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Want to know how to make them?

2 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Truffles from @KatrinasKitchen

2 Ingredient Truffles

Yield: 3 dozen truffles

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 30 min

Total Time: 40 min

The easiest truffles you'll ever make. These 2 ingredient truffles are NO FUSS, creamy, and perfect to dunk into hot milk to make hot chocolate.

• 1 can of white frosting (16 oz)
  • 2 Cups milk chocolate chips, melted
  • Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits (optional, as desired)

1. Grease a 9x13 pan (or other shallow container) with cooking spray.
  2. Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler.
  3. Stir in the frosting until combined.
  4. Pour into prepared dish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
  5. Using a small cookie scoop (1 TBS), scoop out truffles and shape into 1 inch balls.
  6. Leave as is or garnish with powdered sugar, powdered hot chocolate mix, or Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits.

• Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
  • Enjoy the truffles as is or add to hot milk for a delicious cup of hot chocolate.

46 Responses to “2 Ingredient Truffles {Hot Chocolate Edition}”

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life — January 28, 2013 at 8:14 am

Oh, I have made fudge like this but never truffles!! I love it! Aren’t those little marshmallow bits the best? Now I really want a rich cup of cocoa…guess what’s going on my grocery list :-)

Amanda — January 28, 2013 at 8:44 am

You are so smart!! I love simple, easy, and delicious recipes!!!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 28, 2013 at 9:06 am

I can’t believe how simple this is. You, my friend, are a total genius!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — January 28, 2013 at 9:07 am

OMG no way! That is so cool!!!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — January 28, 2013 at 9:30 am

You. Are. A. Genius. :)

MIndy — January 28, 2013 at 9:35 am

That is my go-to fudge recipe. My favorite is chocolate frosting and dark chocolate chips, but any frosting and any chip work, there are so many possible combinations. I love the idea of making them into truffles, and putting them into hot milk for Hot Chocolate! Wow! Thanks for the great idea!

Amber (Sprinkled With Flour) — January 28, 2013 at 10:59 am

These truffles are great! I especially love the ones with the mini marshmallows! Great idea Katrina. :)

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — January 28, 2013 at 11:10 am

Seriously?? This is awesome.

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — January 28, 2013 at 11:15 am

Holy moly! This might be my deadliest discovery of the week. Who would have thought truffles could be so simple?! And dunking in hot milk sounds totally outragous. Love it.

Sandra's Easy Cooking — January 28, 2013 at 11:54 am

I had to visit as soon as I saw your pic…looks awesome and it is right what i need–simple and no fuss…great pics too!!!!!!

Carrie's Creations — January 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm

you. are. a. genius. !!

amanda @ fake ginger — January 28, 2013 at 12:31 pm

OOooooh! You’re kind of brilliant.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — January 28, 2013 at 1:36 pm

FROSTING and chocolate chips??? AM I DREAMING??? I love you. :)

YinMom YangMom Allie — January 28, 2013 at 1:57 pm

that is stinkin’ brilliant.

Karly — January 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Wait, what? You just mixed melted chocolate and frosting? Gah! So brilliant!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — January 28, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Seriously?! You didn’t need to make it easier for me to eat truffles. These are just dangerous!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — January 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Love how simple these are and love the idea of a couple of these melting into an amazing mug of hot chocolate!

Jennifer @ My Sweet Sanity — January 28, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I may weep! Oh no, wait! I will run out and get a can of white frosting and marshmallow bits to try these! Brilliant!!!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons — January 28, 2013 at 7:34 pm

This is such a great idea!!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain — January 28, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Literally one of the coolest recipes I’ve seen so far, and you make a lot of neat recipes :) These are almost so simple and scrumptious looking it could be dangerous to have them around my college apt!

DessertForTwo — January 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I’m all for cheating when it comes to delicious! These are great!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — January 29, 2013 at 1:23 am

Definitely don’t think you’re a liar. But that doesn’t mean I won’t make these tonight for some major late night sweets :)

Tash @ The Velvet Moon Baker — January 29, 2013 at 4:38 am

Just stumbled across your incredible blog and am now your newest email subscriber and 2 ingredient truffles! Amazing!

Katie — January 29, 2013 at 6:54 am

OH man these look sinful! I love the idea of making “hot chocolate” truffles!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — January 29, 2013 at 7:02 am

Seriously? these look so easy! And amazing.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 29, 2013 at 9:36 am

Loving the mini marshmallows lol such a cute addition

Erin @ Making Memories — January 29, 2013 at 3:43 pm

How can these possibly have only 2 ingredients?!?! They look wonderful! And how can you go wrong with those 2 ingredients. Can’t wait to make these. And I love those marshmallow bits! Yum!

Yvonne @ bitter baker — January 30, 2013 at 12:26 am

Oh my oh my oh my. I don’t know how to handle these kinds of recipes! Now it’s far too easy to satisfy my sweet cravings!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — January 30, 2013 at 7:06 am

Cheater truffles? OMG i never knew there was such a thing. I need to try this!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — January 30, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Eek! I heart these “cheater” truffles, Katrina! Easy and dangerous … sounds like a combination I can’t resist! ;)

Janet@FCTC — January 31, 2013 at 1:16 am

My sons would absolutely love these! Now I need to put frosting on my grocery list

Amy Tong — January 31, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Wow, only 2 ingredients? I can’t believe how simple is it. They turned out so gorgeous. :) The one with the tiny mallow on top is so cute. :)

Finla — January 31, 2013 at 2:31 pm

They look so beautiful and delicious , wish i could grab few from my screen.

JulieD — February 1, 2013 at 2:54 pm

These are so cute and clever!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 1, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Nothing beats two ingredients! And I get to eat chocolate truffles? Sold!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — February 2, 2013 at 10:07 am

These look amazing and so easy and delicious! Love ‘em!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — February 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

How fun and easy are these!! LOVE this idea, Katrina! And I know my girls will too :)

ashley - baker by nature — February 4, 2013 at 7:34 pm

These are clearly winners! Totally making over the weekend!

steph@stephsbitebybite — February 4, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Cheater truffles! Don’t think it gets much better than that!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — February 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I LOVE that you rolled them in marshmallows and turned this into hot chocolate. OMG SO GOOD!

Sue {munchkin munchies} — February 6, 2013 at 10:11 am

Love these, especially the ones covered in the marshmallow bits(which I have); they look so cute!

Melissa — February 7, 2013 at 4:48 pm

How did I miss these??? I love them!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 11, 2013 at 4:24 pm

No-fuss truffles? Sign me up. These look wonderful!

Susie — February 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Canned frosting and chocolate? Oh dear. No! Sorry, but I disagree with you on this one: we must have different tastes. Most truffles are only two ingredients anyway in my book – heavy cream and chocolate. Basically chilled ganache. Just as easy and much more natural! I won’t be using this recipe but am enjoying the rest of your blog.

Bonita — February 13, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Just letting you know that I linked to this post on my page about Gourmet Hot Chocolate Recipes: http://www.zujava.com/gourmet-hot-chocolate-recipe

Crys — March 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

Katrina these are awesome! I made some of these last night for a work event – we’ll see hwo they go over!! I totally kept eating pieces though while making them. Dang, they’re tasty and so easy!! I ended up rolling mine around in chocolate sprinkles! I LOVE simple recipes like this one; I figure they’ll make my transition into preparing more homemade foods go smoothly! LOVE this website!! :)