Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

GUEST POST: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Glorious Treats

“I’ll bring the cookies” is often a phrase I say when invited to a party… so when Katrina invited me to this party, I knew it was my kind of place!I love pretty and detailed cookies… but sometimes I just need something quick and easy!  Even when time is limited, I don’t want taste or presentation to fall to the wayside!  These Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are so easy to make, yet are so delicious, and cute too!

The main beauty of these treats is how easily they come together, so for this recipe I opt for a bag of sugar cookie mix (such as Betty Crocker).  You can certainly make these with homemade sugar cookie dough as well, either route you chose, they are delicious.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Mini peanut butter cups tucked inside sugar cookie dough

• 1 bag- sugar cookie mix and the ingredients as directed on the bag (usually just 1 egg and some butter).
  • 1 bag- Reeses mini peanut butter cups (That's it!)

1. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  3. Prepare sugar cookie dough according to bag directions (or prepare sugar cookie dough using your favorite recipe).
  4. Roll dough into small balls (about 1 tablespoon), and fill mini muffin tin with one ball of dough in each space.
  5. Bake cookies 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges, but still a bit soft in the center.
  6. While the cookies bake, unwrap the mini peanut butter cups.
  7. Remove tray from oven, and press one peanut butter cup into each warm cookie.
  8. Allow cookies to cool (in pan). The peanut butter cup will melt a bit, but then firm up as the cookies cool.
  9. Once cool, remove from pan.
  10. If desired, melt a bit of chocolate and drizzle over cool cookies, or add some festive sprinkles (while the peanut butter cup is still a little melty).

Click image for all #BringtheCOOKIES and Giveaways

I want to live in Glory’s sugary sweet house. Sometimes when I’m surrounded by Jedi knights, army men, Hot Wheels, dirt, and sticky things I just step aside and spend time looking at all her pastel and pretty things. If you interact with Glory at all you will see that her sweet personality matches her sweet blog.

You can connect with Glory on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and her blog Glorious Treats. She has a serious love of cookies. Here are a few of her favorites to get you started:

Peppermint Candy Decorated Cookies

Coconut Snowballs

Gingerbread Cookies

Thanks for bringing the cookies, Glory!

17 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cup Cookies”

Kate from Scratch — December 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Look and sound just perfect to me, Katrina. One of my all time favorite combinations. A classic. Have a great holiday!

shellyjaronsky — December 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

You can always get me with peanut butter cups! Love these Glory!

bigbearswife — December 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm

These cookies would not last long in our house at all! I love them!
    My recent post Moving, Packing and MixedCon

cookingactress — December 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    Glorious Treats — December 6, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Thanks so much for inviting me to share Katrina! These little guys are so delicious, I think I'll need to make another batch very soon! And you are welcome over at my house any time… we'll make lots of pretty and sweet things! ~Glory
    My recent post Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Sue — December 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I like the peanut butter cookie part switched out for this sugar cookie version:) I just KNOW these are delicious, and are made so much prettier with the sprinkles and chocolate drizzle added!
    My recent post Elf on the Shelf Cookie Pops

thatskinnychickcanbake — December 6, 2012 at 10:49 pm

These are so cute and festive! I needed an idea for an upcoming cookie exchange and these are perfect! Thanks, Katrina and Glory!!!

vanillasugarblog — December 7, 2012 at 12:39 am

Seriously the best way to make a cookie better is just have a Reese's PB in the middle.
    My recent post Interview with Anna Ginsberg of The Daily Cookie

Anne@Have a Cookie! — December 7, 2012 at 3:10 am

I have found there are so many things you can do with a pouch of sugar cookie mix. And these look wonderful!
    My recent post A Dusting of Snowflakes

Hani(Haniela's) — December 7, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Glory, these look delicious. I never buy reese's cups because I'd eat them all before doing anything else with them but I may just brave up and try this year
    My recent post Pine Cone Soft Pretzels

leslie gagne — December 8, 2012 at 12:39 am

They look so yummy! Happy Holidays!!

Teowai — December 11, 2012 at 2:05 am

Yummy! Wish peanut butter cups were common here in Oz

tiffany — December 18, 2012 at 10:28 pm

do you think this would work with regular sized muffin pans and regular size pb cups? i dont have a mini pan, short on time, but these look delicious!

Carrie — April 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I’ve made these a couple times now and they are a big hit! I even did some with white chocolate Reese’s cups. Yum!

I also changed it up a bit for Easter – I used the Reese’s pieces eggs (one package) and placed one or two eggs in each cookie. Instant egg nest! :) Next time I think I’ll also add some green sugar crystals to look like grass.

Traci — November 21, 2014 at 8:10 am

my mother in law shared a recipe similar to this years ago! It uses a pb based cookie dough. Omg, my favorite!!! It’s great to use the mixed bag of pb cups too! Then you have white chocolate and dark along with the milk chocolate

Traci — November 21, 2014 at 8:11 am

• Katrina Bahl — November 22nd, 2014 @ 9:19 am

That’s a genius idea! Yum!